PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurf Help.......

dj reidski
06-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Hi

I just bought a new 2014 Moomba Mondo, what is the best setting to surf on speed ect, the boat has just factory ballast with flow surf system. I am goofy footed right foot first when I wakeboard. I have played around with the speed and surf system but just can't seem to figure it out. Also any suggestions on the best board to buy? I bought a Beverly Vault wakesurfer not sure if this was the best board to start learning on? Any help would be great.

Thanks,

jedandsara
06-22-2015, 05:14 PM
I am new to it all and just got a 2014 Mojo this Spring. I surf on the goofy side and I have found that my boat seems to do better with the surf side full and the off side 70% full. Front always full. I usually surf with flow surf on setting 2. If you don't have a bow sack everyone swears by it. I got the sumo 750. Most people also upgrade their back sacks to 900s or 1100s. Honestly it really seems like you have to play with it on the water. It takes time and patience and every person in the boat can make a difference in your wave. I am still working to figure mine out. My next trial is going to be trying to old fashioned way listing the boat not using the flow surf tab. I have a hard time getting as much length as I'd like but that's the issue with surfing on the goofy side. My best setting so far for surfing goofy has been the following:

Front 750 Bag in bow full
Center front tank 500 full
Surf side rear sack 1100 full
Left side rear sack 1100 70% full
Wake plate up all the way
Flow surf set on 2
Speed 10.2 - 10.4
Two adults in bow on surf side
Three adults in back on surf side including driver
A few kids in the back also

There are some good posts to check out on the forum Mike M and Wolfman are really helpful. Good luck and please post your findings.

jedandsara
06-22-2015, 05:20 PM
In my opinion with the boat stock I had the most luck surfing with surfside rear bag full, the opposite rear bag about 70-80% full and the front center tank full. Wake plate all the way up flow surf on setting two and speed at about 10.4. Helps to have adults in the back on the surf side. I surf with the inland surf blue lake which is a nice board to learn on.

dj reidski
06-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the information I will try out the different setting. It just seems like I don't have enough push to make me let go of the rope not sure if I need a bigger board?

bstussie
06-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the information I will try out the different setting. It just seems like I don't have enough push to make me let go of the rope not sure if I need a bigger board?

I am in the same spot, will also try same settings

BamaMojo
06-30-2015, 08:27 PM
I am new to it all and just got a 2014 Mojo this Spring. I surf on the goofy side and I have found that my boat seems to do better with the surf side full and the off side 70% full. Front always full. I usually surf with flow surf on setting 2. If you don't have a bow sack everyone swears by it. I got the sumo 750. Most people also upgrade their back sacks to 900s or 1100s. Honestly it really seems like you have to play with it on the water. It takes time and patience and every person in the boat can make a difference in your wave. I am still working to figure mine out. My next trial is going to be trying to old fashioned way listing the boat not using the flow surf tab. I have a hard time getting as much length as I'd like but that's the issue with surfing on the goofy side. My best setting so far for surfing goofy has been the following:

Front 750 Bag in bow full
Center front tank 500 full
Surf side rear sack 1100 full
Left side rear sack 1100 70% full
Wake plate up all the way
Flow surf set on 2
Speed 10.2 - 10.4
Two adults in bow on surf side
Three adults in back on surf side including driver
A few kids in the back also

There are some good posts to check out on the forum Mike M and Wolfman are really helpful. Good luck and please post your findings.

With three adults on surf side ,If it is port , drop bag to approx 90%. Drop starboard bag to approx 75% wake plate all the way up and run about 10.6 or so. Try setting 3 on the flow as well. If this is port this should do it. Good luck

2012 Mojo