PDA

View Full Version : PB's yet?

iwaterskihard
06-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Anyone set any new personal bests yet this year? I have been fortunate enough through some great coaching to get to places I haven't been before.
My goal by the end of summer is to run a pass at 32 off @ 32 mph. I have ran 3 1/2 so far.
I'm working hard on 34 mph 22 off as well. Took the 15 off loop right off my rope at the suggestion of another good ol skier.

So my sets usually go like this currently

32 mph 22 off
32 mph 25 off (progressive rope LOVE IT)
32 mph 25 off
32 mph 28 off
34 mph 22 off
34 mph 22 off

I'm tired by the end of the set but my philosophy is get it set and right then get after it. The other side of the argument is why not do it sooner? Because the short lines also increase speed which forces me to get good body position.

Hope everyone is having some fun and success out there is ski land! :)

BensonWdby
06-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Been struggling this year. Falling into some old bad habits and having a hard time shaking them. Last week was training at The Liquid Edge. Spent a lot of time at 15 off trying to learn good habits again. Moderate success. Finally ran some short stuff at end of week. Best for the week was 3.5 a 28-30. Would like to get that 22-32 pass back but not looking promising. Waiting for the next aha moment.

BensonWdby
07-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Just ran 5 - 28off-32mph. new PB.

iwaterskihard
07-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Just ran 5 - 28off-32mph. new PB.

Awesome man! That's great news! :)

Mikey
07-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Sorry have not been on here in quite awhile. Well i have not had the chance to ski any courses yet this season so PB's i'm not sure about.

Earlier this season i got a new Radar Vapour with double Vision boots and all i can say so far is WOW..... This ski is forgiving Yet has more giddy up go than i know what to do with. I am loving this ski, sadly i have had very little calm water to really test it in.
Last weekend was the first time i have skied GLASS and i really got a nice feel for what this ski is capable of...Sadly i was not at the top of my game as i was skiing with a sore back and did not really push myself, to the point of exhaustion and or pushing the limits ,to not risk injury.

Another week and a half till holidays down in Sunny Hot Idaho though, and i am looking forward to 3 weeks of daily skiing. We have a large group of friends that varies from day to day as to how many skiers that have formed an unofficial CANADIAN water ski team.

Its all fun, with a wide variety of skill levels involved although there are about 5 DECENT skiers in the bunch and we all try to help one another and push each other to be better skiers.

Ski days can vary from 3 skiers to as many 12 at a time but we have a system using 2 boats. One ski boat and one DOCK BOAT and usually 2 long runs each and all is done in anywhere fro 45mins to 2 hrs and then we go back to families etc and other fun lake activities.
Hopefully when i get into a little better ski shape and a couple weeks on the ski and things should really start clicking.... Maybe we can find a course to try as well, then i can give a little better feed back