PDA

View Full Version : Carb help!!!!

BGeorge01
06-18-2015, 05:39 PM
I Have my 98 outback in the shop getting the carb rebuilt and need some help. The mechanic says that he cant find a rebuild kit anywhere. Its a Holley Carb so I cant seem to grasp why its so hard to find. All I have is the numbers that he has given me which I will post at the bottom. I am going to search the web but if anyone has experience or can point me in a direction faster it would be greatly appreciated. I m ready to get on the water!!

4-barrel
square flange

Thanks!!

gregski
06-18-2015, 06:45 PM
Get a new mechanic? I don't know the details on your carb but the stores sell fairly "universal" rebuilt kits that cover whole ranges of years and revs of a given model. Afterwards, you have a pile of unused parts that don't apply to your exact model.

BGeorge01
06-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Ya thats what im starting to think to be honest!

Get a new mechanic? I don't know the details on your carb but the stores sell fairly "universal" rebuilt kits that cover whole ranges of years and revs of a given model. Afterwards, you have a pile of unused parts that don't apply to your exact model.

zabooda
06-18-2015, 07:38 PM
I had my carb redone last year by my mechanic and I remember there being some weird stuff that he showed me but I am clueless with that stuff. The number on the carb was made just for PCM marine and it cross references to another number that has a kit that is available. It ended up the electronic ignition module was acting up causing the engine to run rough but after 16 years the carb probably needed a change.

This mechanic is sharp, works out of his back yard and knows older engines, trannies and outdrives.

mmandley
06-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Trust me, Carb rebuilding is a dying art form.

Heres the info you need.

It is an Indmar proprietary Holley 4150 600cfm. You need to see if its a Vacuum secondary or not.

The correct rebuild kit is 703-45 (Cheapest place to buy is Amazon.com)
http://www.amazon.com/Holley-703-45-Marine-Carburetor-Rebuild/dp/B000CMJNDQ

BGeorge01
06-18-2015, 10:09 PM
I agree there isn't to many people that I can even find that would do it. This guy says he's been doing it for years but was odd that he couldn't the kit. I appreciate it thank you!!

Trust me, Carb rebuilding is a dying art form.

Heres the info you need.

It is an Indmar proprietary Holley 4150 600cfm. You need to see if its a Vacuum secondary or not.

The correct rebuild kit is 703-45 (Cheapest place to buy is Amazon.com)
http://www.amazon.com/Holley-703-45-Marine-Carburetor-Rebuild/dp/B000CMJNDQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk