PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurf Board Inventory

CamperCarl
06-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Probably not the best title, but i was curious as to what you guys bring with you on your boat. Up until now, I'm the only wakesurfer, so i just have my main board. Recently, i needed to cover people from 70# up to 250# and i hate to have them use my main board. What are good beginner to intermediate boards to cover that range?

My current inventory:
- Triple X Nitro (My main board)
- LF Custom (2012 model)
- Hyperlight Broadcast (2009 model or older)

trayson
06-16-2015, 02:44 PM
I feel your pain. I've found that the only board I wanna ride is my Doomswell Nubstep. I've bought and sold a handful of boards in the last 2 seasons so I no longer have my LF Fish, my Broadcast, or my Ronix Koal.

I kept my 4'8 Ronix Caption as it's been a good "boat board". It's not the most 'beginner' board, but it's in that beginner to intermediate range and fits nicely in a wakeboard rack and it's tough. so that's stayed as the board that hopefully the wife can learn an progress on.

I have a friend that's regular crew, so if he's onboard he brings his Lakewakes Flying Saucer skim and his Area 51 Hooligan surfstyle. The hooligan is a surf style for riders more in that 220# range. So if I want, I have access to these boards whenever...

Beyond that, I don't really have much else to offer. There are times when I wish I had a beginner board more suitable for bigger riders, but it's hard to throw down a chunk of money on a board for 'everyone else'.

xBabyJesus
06-16-2015, 05:17 PM
I ride: Soulcraft custom

Roommate rides: Inland Surfer Swallow

Girlfriends ride: Inland Surfer Moss (skim board like the keenan)

Boat boards: I.S Mucus, I.S. Squirt

sandm
06-16-2015, 08:44 PM
soulcraft custom
soulcraft ocean board for fun
phase 5 daniello pro boatboard
is 4skim boat board
ronix koal boat board.

muehlcj
06-17-2015, 06:16 AM
Usually out with buddies so there are tons of boards.

I bring:
Chaos Carbon sixer
Soulcraft DH
P5 diamond
HL Broadcast
Chaos carbon pro - on the way

Buddies bring:
Wakewoods - couple dif. Boards
IS BP
P5 model x
Doomswell drone - on the way

CamperCarl
06-17-2015, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the replys. I see my board selection is a little inadequate. I have some regulars on the boat that are pushing 225+ and always complain that my boards are too small or wake too small. I just don't see spending that much on a board that they should be bringing themselves. Maybe I'm just not that good of a host.

Seems like I will have to check out a Soulcraft for myself. They seem pretty popular.

mjr119
06-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Check your local craigslist if you dont arleady. You may find a good beginner/big boy board for cheap. I found a hyperlite landlock for $100, perfect for newbies or fat boys, and it doesnt break the bank!

If a guest wants a fancy board, they should be bringing their own! If all I had to do was buy a wakesurf board and gas I'd have it MADE!