PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day plans?

casmith71
06-16-2015, 10:28 AM
my wife and I are expecting our first child and couldn't be more happy. she has this whole "reveal party" planned for Saturday so no lake on that day. she asked what I wanted to do for fathers day and of course I simply replied "LAKE!" well we originally had about 10 ppl including both our fathers and her step dad but now everyone has backed out. never knew it would be hard to get ppl to go to the lake. so now we are on the fence about what to do. what is everyone elses plans?

rdlangston13
06-16-2015, 11:10 AM
my wife and I are expecting our first child and couldn't be more happy. she has this whole "reveal party" planned for Saturday so no lake on that day. she asked what I wanted to do for fathers day and of course I simply replied "LAKE!" well we originally had about 10 ppl including both our fathers and her step dad but now everyone has backed out. never knew it would be hard to get ppl to go to the lake. so now we are on the fence about what to do. what is everyone elses plans?

Congrats to you and your wife! My wife and I are also expecting our first child, little shredder should be here around Oct 5th! I am working for fathers day so no lake day for me but if I were you I would still go out, even if it is just the wife and I. My wife and I go out on the boat just the two of us all the time.

mikenehrkorn
06-16-2015, 12:21 PM
Congrats to both of you guys and your wives!!

With two teenagers both working, lake time has been hard to come by this year but I at least get everyone out there for my one day a year and really looking forward to it!!

gregski
06-16-2015, 12:55 PM
Congrats. Our youngest is 1 month old. Sunday is going to be our first day out with the boat this season.

trayson
06-17-2015, 02:51 PM
My son will be flying in around Noon on father's day for the first 2 week visit of summer vacation. We'll be taking the boat out and then picking up my regular crew friend Desi and having him and his whole family join us on the water.

Hopefully my son will be down to try wakesurfing finally!!!

yz 2smoke
06-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Congrats to you guys. It awesome being a dad.

No lake for us; we are going to SC for the amature mx regional. He's been working hard to get to the Laretta Lynn amature national. If he finishes in a qualifying position this weekend he gets to go. It's supposed to be around 100 degrees. It's fun watching him ride but I hate it when he crashes. It's tough to see your kid get banged up. He's been riding since he was 3 and he's 11 now.

wolfeman131
06-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Good luck this weekend!

C'mon down for a surf when he's done riding.

viking
06-18-2015, 09:10 AM
hitting up the annual hillclimb event in my hometown!
http://nitronational.com/

mjr119
06-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Congrats to all the Dads-to-be. Im not a father but I know I cant wait to get on the lake this weekend. Gotta love half workday fridays during the summer! I hope to put atleast 15 hours on the boat this weekend :D

yz 2smoke
06-18-2015, 10:12 PM
Good luck this weekend!

C'mon down for a surf when he's done riding.

Thank you and thank you for the offer. We decided not to order the SE; I couldn't get it before the 4th so we bought the 2015 Blue and Black SE 550 Atlanta Marine had in stock. I pick it up on Monday when we get back from the races. I tried to talk my son out of racing and just going to the lake but he wasn't going for it.

wolfeman131
06-19-2015, 06:27 AM
Even better! Let's break that thing in on Monday.

Woody929
06-19-2015, 07:39 AM
Is that the SE I think it is??

wolfeman131
06-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Oh, yea! I may have already put a few hrs on that one. :)

Woody929
06-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Oh, yea! I may have already put a few hrs on that one. :)

It has even been leaned on by some of the top wakesurfers ;-)
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-dnwPNs3/0/L/i-dnwPNs3-L.jpg

gpd005
06-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Congrats to you guys. It awesome being a dad.

No lake for us; we are going to SC for the amature mx regional. He's been working hard to get to the Laretta Lynn amature national. If he finishes in a qualifying position this weekend he gets to go. It's supposed to be around 100 degrees. It's fun watching him ride but I hate it when he crashes. It's tough to see your kid get banged up. He's been riding since he was 3 and he's 11 now.

This is awesome that he is trying to qualify for LL's. I've raced there several times for GNCC races in the woods. I tried to qualify about ten years ago and crashed my brains out back in my early 20's. As for the fella who mentioned the hill climb national I've been to a few of those as well wrenching for a friend of mine. Good times at both events!!!

It has rained for the past seven days here and calling for seven more days of rain so I may need to have the boat just to get out of the driveway if it keeps it up. We have our big lake trip coming up in a few weeks to Norris lake so I guess i'll start getting ready for that if it does rain.

wolfeman131
06-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Thank you and thank you for the offer. We decided not to order the SE; I couldn't get it before the 4th so we bought the 2015 Blue and Black SE 550 Atlanta Marine had in stock. I pick it up on Monday when we get back from the races. I tried to talk my son out of racing and just going to the lake but he wasn't going for it.

Look closely . . .

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/image.jpg3_1.jpg (http://s530.photobucket.com/user/wolfeman131/media/image.jpg3_1.jpg.html)

yz 2smoke
06-20-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't think that is our boat the pro's are leaning. It's hard to tell but it doesn't look like it has the blue metal flake. There was another boat that was similar to ours in the show room that had blue tower cans. The cans on our boat where out to get painted. We stopped them from getting painted, we wanted to keep them black.

Drew how did the boat drive? I haven't even been in one yet on the water. I figured it was awesome so we bought it without even driving it.

It's been a tough day for my son at the races. He crashed hard in his first race and took forever to get the bike started. He tried to make up some time and then cartwheeled him and the bike when he got cross rutted on a jump face. He got bruised pretty good but got back up and finished last. His second race he did a lot better but went down again. He did the best in the LCQ but went down again. Lol. He still has 2 races tomorrow but no chance of making it to Larettas. I asked him if he wanted to just go home and he said no, he's going to finish what he started. Proud of him for just getting out there.

wolfeman131
06-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Your boat is awesome! Saw it being detailed when I picked mine up this morning.

Sorry for the tough luck at the races, but glad to read that he is going to tough it out.

zabooda
06-21-2015, 11:35 AM
I plan to go to a family barbecue this afternoon. Unplanned, myself and dive rescue recovered a drowning victim at 6AM. He was camping on an island and got off his boat in the middle of the night and never returned. He was found next to his boat is three feet of water.

So be careful out there and have a good Father's Day.

mcdye
06-21-2015, 08:34 PM
As my father passed way several years ago, I miss him dearly, we were water buds. I spent time on the water with my son, I couldn't have been any happier.

clarkely
06-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Spent the day with family in the water

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

trayson
06-22-2015, 01:35 AM
my son flew in early today and we spent the afternoon on the water just the 3 of us. He tried wakesurfing for the FIRST time and got up (if only for an instant).

From someone who spent the last two seasons saying that "watersports are my thing" I'm really stoked with how comfortable he was in the water.

https://youtu.be/D_B-tbqgdQw

casmith71
06-22-2015, 05:32 PM
we did get to hit the lake late yesterday but payed for it. on the way we had a flat and used the spare then on the way back had another and got stranded until my buddy could bring the spare from his boat about an hour away. finally got home around 12:302228822289