PDA

View Full Version : Fault code - new Raptor

dlowe
06-15-2015, 05:09 PM
Has anyone out there experienced a fault code on their Raptor engine? I have a new 2015 Mondo and it threw a fault code this weekend (SPN-110 FMl-1). It happened while loaded with full ballast and surfing. Dealer is going to check it out but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has had the problem and what the fix was.

mmandley
06-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Only info I see is Cooling system errors on that code line.

How was the Air Temp and Boat temp doing?

dlowe
06-15-2015, 08:51 PM
The air temp was low 80's and the boat temp was 160 degrees. It ran normal other than the code coming on.

tubby
06-15-2015, 09:01 PM
I had the same code on my 2015 Mojo. There is a paddle wheel on the raw water side if the cooling system that tells the engine how much water the impeller is moving through the heat exchanger. Seaweed or debris clogging the water intake or paddle wheel itself will trip the code. I monitored the engine temp and continued with my day.....temp never went above 165. Took it to the dealer and they simply inspected it and reinstalled and no issues since (23hrs).

dlowe
06-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks tubby. I could have picked up some seaweed. I checked underneath the boat on the lift and did not see anything in the paddle wheel on port side or screens on the starboard side. I'll recheck.

ColoradoLake19
06-16-2015, 08:40 AM
I had the same thing happen on my 2015 Mojo. The difference was we just put it in the water and were only doing 5 mph. I thought it had to do with the electrical system but it has run fine ever since. We have 35 hours on ours now. Did your dealer ever tell you what it was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlowe
06-16-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm still waiting to hear back from my dealer - they were going to come out to my place and ck out for me

Brighter Days
06-23-2015, 10:29 AM
My 2015 Mojo started to throw this same code this week. I have about 60 hours on it. I clear it but at one point it actually made my check engine light come on. I could not find the exact code online yet. I will check the raw water pump but if anyone has other info let me know. I am scheduled to take back to dealer at 75 hours and get a few seats repaired that already have seams that has came out.

dlowe
06-23-2015, 01:05 PM
Mine is at the dealer now and I'm waiting to hear back what the issue is/was. I'll post as soon as I know. I was able to find the following doing a search - but it didn't show my exact fault code (SPN-110 FMl-1): https://www.bakesonline.com/images/MediaLibrary/Indmar_09-10ECMmanualv1.2.pdf

dlowe
06-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Dealer was able to replicate issue with on water test but is not sure what it is. They said it could be a sensor but needs to talk to Skier's to confirm. I'll report back when I get a full answer

dlowe
06-29-2015, 03:52 PM
OK my dealer confirmed what Tubby said "There is a paddle wheel on the raw water side if the cooling system that tells the engine how much water the impeller is moving through the heat exchanger. Seaweed or debris clogging the water intake or paddle wheel itself will trip the code".

Seems like I may have a faulty raw water paddle wheel since mine is tripping every time out and I'm in clear, deep water - engine temp is fine. Dealer is ordering new paddle wheel and will replace.

Brighter Days
07-13-2015, 10:37 AM
I was trying to make it to the 75 hour service before I got dealer to check this code out for me but this Saturday the boat actually blow out the wet exhaust hose. I guess my raw water pump just was not moving enough water period. Luckily the boat didn't over heat but now I will be taking it to the dealer and probably trying to convince them his should all be under warranty. I do not look forward to that conversation.

I called the dealer and they have not seen this issue but on the other hand they really do not have much experience at all with these Raptor motors.

ULMboarder
08-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Has anyone else had these issues and/or had them resolved?

Brighter Days
08-11-2015, 10:16 AM
My boat has been at the dealer for 4 weeks tomorrow to get this resolved. Indmar is actually sending new manifolds to see if that helps. Sucks to have a brand new boat and for 4-6 weeks in middle of summer it is at the dealer. I should get it back just in time for winter at this rate.

dlowe
08-11-2015, 12:02 PM
My dealer said my code was from the paddle wheel in the cooling system getting stuck. He said he was ordering a new paddle wheel for the cooling unit but that I could run it since the temperature showed it was cooling fine. My dealer has not called to tell me the part is in and at this point I might as well wait until end of season in another month to get it fixed. It still throws the same code every time out - I just clear it and keep surfing. Good thing there is a 5 year warranty.

Choward2003
05-02-2016, 02:44 PM
My 2016 Moomba Mojo just threw the same fault code SPN 110 FM1 a week ago and has less than 20 hours on it. Any recommendations since the dealer is over 3 hours away?

dlowe
05-02-2016, 03:05 PM
There is a service bulletin out for this but sorry to say I think you will have to take to your dealer for the fix. Mine was fixed over winter by the dealer and I had it out once so far this spring with no issues (fingers crossed).

I had ran mine all summer with it throwing the code with assurances from the dealer that it was not doing any harm (just a glitch - temp and all else were fine). If it was me, I'd make the trip to the dealer now while it is still early in the year and give yourself piece of mind.

Mike G
05-02-2016, 09:52 PM
I had the same issue on my 2015 Mojo last summer around the 60 hour mark. The engine never overheated . Dealer had to re-seat the sensor, no issues since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighter Days
05-03-2016, 11:28 AM
My 2016 Moomba Mojo just threw the same fault code SPN 110 FM1 a week ago and has less than 20 hours on it. Any recommendations since the dealer is over 3 hours away?I called Indmar about mine since the Moomba dealer had my boat for over a month and the code was back within the first hour of getting my boat home. My dealer is also over 2 hours away. Indmar let me know that I could take it to any Indmar dealer and they would honor the warranty. There is a locator on their website. I took it to the local shop (10 minutes from home) that does works on my Sea Ray and is a Indmar repair center. Fixed in 1 week and cost me zero.

drlynes
06-21-2017, 04:41 PM
My 2016 Moomba threw this code last weekend. Full ballast, surfing. Check engine light came on then back off. I drained the tanks and limped back to the pier. Code came on a couple of times, no overheating. I left a message with the local dealer, no response yet.