PDA

View Full Version : Ballast bag on 06 XLV

MEDIC151
06-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I was wondering if you guys know the size of the 06 XLV center ballast bag. I filled it for the first time the other day and after priming the pumps, it took forever to fill the center one half way. When I first looked in there, it was folded length wise in thirds and looked like it would fit in the locker perfect. I unfolded it and it is much wider than the locker itself and runs from the back of the locker all the way to the anchor storage up front. This thing looks huge. Even the back bags are around 6 feet long and run from the back of the storage all the way up under the seats on either side. Just curious if any of ya'll know if these are right. I am keeping them no matter what since the surf wake is huge.

Medic

MEDIC151
06-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh, one other thing. Has any one tried to build a shelf system of any kind over the rear ballast bags that would allow filling of the bags but still allow storage over them? It seems like wasted space when the bags are filled and you can only put soft stuff in there like vests and ropes to avoid interfering with the bags.

Medic

three6ty
06-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Medic,
It sounds like you might have the Gravity Games bags. 1000lbs center and 500 lbs on each side of the engine. They take a long time to fill because they are so big. 1 option is to install a bigger pump to pump the water in.

05mobiusxlv
06-08-2006, 02:51 AM
You Definitely have the GG Bags. I have the front gravity bag. All 3 bags are an 840$ option. It takes me a good 45 minutes to get that front bag all the way full. The fly high rep told me, spread out in the front compartment right, and getting All of the air out, they have got 1500lbs of water in that sac. And 600lbs each in the rear.

Can someone that has replaced the pump, with a bigger one, tell me what pump they replaced it with?? This needs to be my next project.

snowfire
06-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I did a little researh on a bigger pump and the one which the 06 comes with is a 2000gal/hour pump. I could not find anything larger. You are also somewhat limited by the size of the connectors and hoses as well.