PDA

View Full Version : Some weird issues with my mondo...

BrettLee3232
06-14-2015, 01:17 AM
Well I have been having some small issues and I'm trying to figure out why.

So today I was filling up my bags and they were about half filled. We were idling in a no wake zone. When I go to take off, the motor feels like it's under 8000lb of stress and has trouble getting to plain (4 adults 3 kids and a baby). Finally gets to a cruising speed and all is fine.

Second problem...wake surfing on port side at 10.3mph with auto flow. I feel the motor jump about 1000rpm and my wake is completely washed out and we are slowing down. Rider falls & gets up and all is fine.

Third...someone was wakesurfing in a boat next to us and our boat was kind of riding his wave and we were on top of it, I felt the motor again jump to a higher rpm but wave was fine although we were slowing down (cruise was set to 10.3).

Fourth... Go to pull someone wake boarding, full ballest & boat will not get on plane and is stuck around 15mph.

Very embarrassing since I have the new raptor motor. Is something wrong with my motor or is my prop bent causing issues? It doesn't look bent but I did have to have it fixed a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
06-14-2015, 06:44 AM
Most of that all sounds related to the Paddle Wheel not reading correctly.

Last week surfing Goofy the paddle wheel said we where going 12mph, even though we where only going 10, and I had just calibrated it, it was surging up and down 1 mph every so often as well.

When surfing regular not 30 minutes prior everything worked perfectly.

BrettLee3232
06-14-2015, 10:23 AM
If it's the paddle wheel why would it be so hard to take off with half ballast filled up? Felt like a 16'er with a 30hp outboard.

How do you fix the paddle wheel?

Thanks!

btbpreston
06-14-2015, 11:52 AM
What prop are you running?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
06-14-2015, 11:54 AM
What prop are you running?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Stock, I think it's an oj

Buckshot
06-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Maybe your cruise control was still set on....so it won't go faster then what it's set at. Just guessing and only for the wake boarding issue

KT Mobius
06-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Yeah, probably the cruise

btbpreston
06-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Your first and fourth problem sound like you are under-propped or have a performance problem. I'm not sure what your "full" ballast is, but if you are running over 2k in ballast you probably need a different prop. Your other issues definitely sound paddle wheel related. You may want to look into adding on GPS, my buddy with a 15 Mojo had the dealer add it on because of speed control issues with the paddle wheel.

evoimport6
06-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Have you thrown a check engine light yet?

BrettLee3232
06-15-2015, 02:41 AM
Maybe your cruise control was still set on....so it won't go faster then what it's set at. Just guessing and only for the wake boarding issue

Cruise wasn't set

Your first and fourth problem sound like you are under-propped or have a performance problem. I'm not sure what your "full" ballast is, but if you are running over 2k in ballast you probably need a different prop. Your other issues definitely sound paddle wheel related. You may want to look into adding on GPS, my buddy with a 15 Mojo had the dealer add it on because of speed control issues with the paddle wheel.

I'm at 3,050lb of ballast

How much was his GPS?

QUOTE=evoimport6;269820]Have you thrown a check engine light yet?[/QUOTE]

No engine light

BrettLee3232
06-15-2015, 02:44 AM
I also had another issue today. I think my front ballast and port side ballast pump impeller went out. Wouldn't fill on the second surf session today. Filled fine on the first session.

Why would the impellers be bad already when the engine only has 52hrs?

I here the pump kick in which makes me believe it's the impeller.

Sp8
06-15-2015, 07:50 PM
I had similar issues as your first post. My problem ended up being a bad cruise control unit. It would turn on/off randomly and when kicked back in, I would get the RPM spike you were mentioning.

btbpreston
06-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Cruise wasn't set

I'm at 3,050lb of ballast

How much was his GPS?

I was wrong on the dealer install. He added on the nautic laugic unit. Cost was about $240 and he installed it.
http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4.html