PDA

View Full Version : Centurian and supreme join nautique

jmvotto
06-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Anyone catch this, big consolidation of three brands.

http://www.nautique.com/press/

Hmmm. Mc. Just down the road

jedandsara
06-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Wow that's crazy

trayson
06-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Ready for a G23 Enzo with NSS Ramfill and CATS fin?

Interesting for sure. sure makes you wonder what's gonna happen, especially to dealers. Locally we have very different dealers for Centurion, Supreme, and Nautique...

mmandley
06-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Ready for a G23 Enzo with NSS Ramfill and CATS fin?

Interesting for sure. sure makes you wonder what's gonna happen, especially to dealers. Locally we have very different dealers for Centurion, Supreme, and Nautique...

In the press release I read it says nothing will change. Its an invisible merge. Management stays the same and they have no desire to change the brands at this point.

This is really no different then Auto manufacturers, several companies are all owned by 1 big company and unless you dig into it you wouldn't even know it.

trayson
06-15-2015, 11:37 AM
In the press release I read it says nothing will change. Its an invisible merge. Management stays the same and they have no desire to change the brands at this point.

This is really no different then Auto manufacturers, several companies are all owned by 1 big company and unless you dig into it you wouldn't even know it.

Yeah, I read that too. But it still makes me wonder if we'll see any changes to dealer lines in the future or any sharing of tech. Maybe they'll still stay completely separate, but I guess time will tell.

wolfeman131
06-15-2015, 06:28 PM

That's nice for the press release, but I would bet we see a different reality sooner vs later as there are too many synergies (i.e. cost savings) by combining functions and/or departments.

mmandley
06-15-2015, 06:51 PM
I can agree to that, but the interesting thing when you think about it is, Nautique has always been considered the Nicer of those 3 boat lines.

I can see Nautique stepping in and uping Centurion or Supreme a little but then again I can see how they wont.

Supreme and Centurion outsell the Nautique lines boat for boat.

What I really see here is the Big fish marring the little fish with a kid.

Now you have a company that has boats from 60-160K and Supreme, Centurion can say, Look here new owner, we are part of Nautique so you know our boats are quality.

Nautique can now legally use Cats, and Ram fill designs in their boats. Yes You might see changes but I don't think they will be very big in the Centurion line, I think Nautique will change more being able to use Centurion line Patents.

mnpracing
06-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Supreme and Centurion outsell the Nautique lines boat for boat.

Where are those figures published? I haven't been able to find unit sales, but admittedly haven't looked too hard.

jmvotto
06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
I think centurian and supreme count for about 11% share collectively .

So its gets them to #2

wolfeman131
06-17-2015, 12:36 AM
Where did that data come from?

Is that unit or dollar share?

sandm
06-17-2015, 08:57 AM
That's nice for the press release, but I would bet we see a different reality sooner vs later as there are too many synergies (i.e. cost savings) by combining functions and/or departments.

this.....
bet it's less than 2 years and we see some combination of manufacturing. the corporate departments will be first but that will be fairly invisible to those not connected to the industry.
too many bottom line $$ savings to not..

jmvotto
06-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Where did that data come from?

Is that unit or dollar share?

It was part of its SEC filing for Malibus IPO

I believe this is a credible marine industry trade source
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2013/12/malibu-boats-cites-strengths-ipo-filing/

samvq1
06-17-2015, 09:46 PM
It would not surprise me at all if Centurion and Supreme remain independent. Correct Craft has access to all of the tech and any other resources or manufacturing processes they may need or want. If Correct Craft ever gets into a position where they need cash they could sell off one of the brands to raise cash. The only reason I think they would be completely absorbed is if there is some sort of internal conflict of interest.

wolfeman131
06-17-2015, 10:13 PM
I think centurian and supreme count for about 11% share collectively .

So its gets them to #2

Getting the correct data for this industry is tricky as most of the companies were/are privately held. This means the mfg doesn't have to disclose sales numbers. Additionally, it's important to know if you're looking at dollar sales or unit sales. If dollar sales, is it MSRP or actual purchase price?

I've heard that some mfg look at new boat registrations while others use the info from the big finance companies. The best I had ever heard of a combined Fineline number was 6% market share. I couldn't get confirmation on how that number was derived.

jmvotto
06-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Drew, I agree and the the numbers I would have to say is units otherwise it would not be representative.

Very limited info and the actual sec filing verbiage in malibus IPO is vague , but if they are sending out to potential investors I would assume there industry source was credible. Also the 11% figure I found from a 2010 industry report so I assume it is probably close , of the two brands before the 2011 merger or supreme into centurion.

The amazing thing I found was in 2006, ,2007. Approx 13,000 unit in the inboard market were being sold, bottomed out to 6500 in 2009 , but we are only back to around 8500 or so last year. The inboard market is very small compared to marine sales .

iwaterskihard
06-18-2015, 09:13 AM
Funny that I just bought a 2014 Centurion Carbon Pro and this announcement came out 2 days afterwards. I'm not at all concerned about the merger. I think they will leave the 2 companies separate. I honestly think the tie for CC is the PCM motor line.
Manufacturing for Centurion is in California. CC will leave that business alone and just obtain a bit more market share. :)