PDA

View Full Version : 4217

mschude
06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
I have a question... I own a brand new 2006 LSV and I noticed that there is water in the middle storage area compartment on the floor. or Ski locker? It not a huge amount of water but Im worried about mildue. It looks like there is a spunge type object linning the bottom of it. I have only filled the sac in the comparment once, so i dont think it is leaking. When I'm done with the boat I open the locker to air out. Thanks for the help...

JoeTechie
06-05-2006, 10:55 PM
I get that and do not have any ballast bags. That locker seems to be the point where everything seems to accumulate - I had lots of construction debris the first few times out - seems to have washed in there and stayed. That mesh padding is for skis to not get messed up - very nice, but though it allows the skis to drip dry it does keep a layer of water under it - I take it out every second trip and let the Florida sun dry it off (after a quick spray of Marine Spray 9 to dissinfect/remove any mildew) A quick wipe of the plastic liner and all is good again. I think the "plastic liner" is actually the top of the gas tank - so that may be some level of barrier protection as well.

There was/is a thread about this somewhere else on the board - the concensus was that the center bag does leak a bit and that was probably the problem - but keep checking.

-Joe

three6ty
06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Look to see if there is a drain hole that goes to the back of the boat. I am not familiar with the new LSV but i am pretty sure they would have a drain hole to allow water to drain from the front into the hull and out the back . If there is a drain hole not only will water go from the front to the back but it will also come from the back to the front . What i used to do in my SSV was I bought a drain plug ( rubber) and plugged that hole. It eleiminated any and all water from coiming into the front portion of the hull and getting under my Ballast bag. Also if you have any oil leakes it will keep that oil and water from coming into the front part of the hull.
Good luck.

mschude
06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
hey guys,

thanks for all your help... that makes alot of sense.

Mike.