PDA

View Full Version : Prop Suggestions for a 2014 LSV with More Ballast...

North Woods Mobius
06-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Gents,

Sorry if this is yet another prop thread, but I wasn't able to find any exiting threads with a comments on props for an LSV. I've got the 537, but have been hearing more and more about the 1433. My '14 LSV came with the upgraded 537 which we have found to be a decent prop for our combined Surf + Ski needs. But I just upgraded our stock GIII ballast to 900's (rear) + 500 IBS. This is an additional 1,000 lbs ballast in total, so I was wondering if the 537 is still the best prop for us. I also just installed the manual Flow.

We rarely ski over 30 mph, so top-line speed is less important to me than getting a creaky 47-year old dude out of the water and getting on plane to slalom while being able to generate an awesome surf wave when we're not skiing. So my question for you guys is: What's the best recommendation for my LSV with the above set up? I'm looking for more power and willing to sacrifice top-end speed to get me and my crew up and out

nitrodude24
06-11-2015, 05:14 PM
On our 14 LSV we ran a 2079 which nettles recommended. We had 1100s and 625ibs good holes got and empty the boat still ran 39.8mph.

brain_rinse
06-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Try doing a search on '1433' and you'll find a bunch of prop threads, many specific to the LSV. My short answer is buy one now from wakemakers while the price is nice and low.

North Woods Mobius
06-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Thanks guys ... I worked out that I've got enough trailer clearance for a 14 1/2" prop, so I pulled the trigger on a new Acme 1235. With my additional 1,000 of ballast, I can't wait to pop the 1235 on and see the difference in torque (I'm told this prop is a "beast"). In addition to better holeshot for surfing, it should also significantly help to get me and my 205 lbs out of the water quicker on my new HO Free Ride ski! As I said, I'm willing to give up some top-end speed for the best torque, so I'l let you guys now the difference after I get it on.

It was actually a better all-in price at Nettles than at Wakemakers, and Robert at Nettles was a big help. He even contacted SC and ACME to confirm that my '14 LSV has plenty of space between the new 14 1/2" prop and my hull to make sure that I don't get any funky harmonics. Great service, and it should arrive next week (although sadly it will sit in the box until July 10th, along with my new Sumo Sacs and Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster!).

13mobiusLSV
06-12-2015, 03:33 PM
I've got the 1235 and looks like I have same ballast setup as you w/ flow. No issues with performance. I have the surf motor fwiw.

North Woods Mobius
06-12-2015, 03:42 PM
I've got the 1235 and looks like I have same ballast setup as you w/ flow. No issues with performance. I have the surf motor fwiw.

Cool, thanks .... Did you buy your LSV with the 1235, or was that an upgrade? If so, did you notice the big difference that everyone refers to? And I'm kinda kicking myself for NOT going with the surf motor...!

13mobiusLSV
06-12-2015, 03:51 PM
The dealer ordered it with the upgraded prop, so I don't have anything to compare to. With that being said I was in your shoes in the spring and Spencer from wm said the 1235 would work just fine.