PDA

View Full Version : Just de-winterized...engine light on. Any way to scan?

Colin
06-11-2015, 10:35 AM
I dont really want to take this boat into the dealer so I can get handed a fat bill.
I de-winterized my boat. Everything works and runs perfect but the engine light is now on. Im trying to sell the boat so I dont have time to cycle it to try and reset the light. IS their anyway to jump this to a obd code reader or am I dreaming?

Ive looked up and down and cant find anything. Their is one plug on the right side middle of the engine lying on the ground but it looks like its never been used nor can I find a sensor to plug it in. I just wish I could use my code reader!

DOCDRS
06-11-2015, 01:20 PM
You can't use obd readers as these are mefi.

Colin
06-11-2015, 02:00 PM
You can't use obd readers as these are mefi.

Thanks. That really sucks. I guess I will drag it to the dealer in two weeks and pay them a hour to plug it in!

Thanks...Colin

yooper
06-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Try turning the battery switch off for about half an hour. It should re-set upon re-start and if the code is not active, it won't return.

Rakkasan
06-11-2015, 03:27 PM
I've had that happen to my '08 before. If you start the engine and shut it off three times it usally will reset the light.

Colin
06-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Hmmm You have to start the or just ignition??!! How unsafe are these to run for a couple seconds out of the water? I wonder if the engine light will shut off quickly or will have to run for a minute? Is there a way to hook up water to these boat so I can run it on the driveway? EDIT just found a post about fake a lake. Ill look into that for running it on the driveway to see if I can get this light off!

Thanks...Colin

Boonejeepin
06-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Which speed control do you have? Some will display trouble codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOCDRS
06-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Hmmm You have to start the or just ignition??!! How unsafe are these to run for a couple seconds out of the water? I wonder if the engine light will shut off quickly or will have to run for a minute? Is there a way to hook up water to these boat so I can run it on the driveway? EDIT just found a post about fake a lake. Ill look into that for running it on the driveway to see if I can get this light off!

Thanks...Colin

Or you can just on hook the hose from the vdrive and stuff a garden hose in the hose

mmandley
06-12-2015, 12:51 AM
You could just be having a light from the old fuel in the boat. If you have a way to drain half the fuel, you can then fill it with Premium and Octane booster, or possibly Octane booster, pull the boat around the block a few times to mix the fuel up.

2 of the last 3 season in the Mojo I got a CEL the first couple times out until I burned up the old fuel.

Rakkasan
06-12-2015, 06:37 AM

Thanks...Colin

Yea it has to actually start and run. No more that a few seconds each time. I would definitely hook up a water source just to be safe.
Hope it works for you.