PDA

View Full Version : Keeping rear ballast full

chillyx
06-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't keep my rear ballast full. When I get to the dock I turn the rear ballast on and fill them up. This keeps
The geese from pooping on them it also keeps
Them cool so when I come back I can actually stepmom them. Then as I'm pulling away from the dock I empty them until it's time to use them. I have noticed that one of the bags looses about half of its volume of it sits for a few days. This made me think maybe I'm messing something up. Any thoughts,??

chillyx
06-11-2015, 12:37 AM
Sorry I was boating and texting and just read my post and it was
Confusing. I keep the ballast full to keep the swim deck under water away from the sun and the geese. Maybe now it will make better sense.

Sorry. I don't know how to edit my posts.

DOCDRS
06-11-2015, 12:42 AM
I have noticed that one of the bags looses about half of its volume of it sits for a few days. This made me think maybe I'm messing something up. Any thoughts,??

what boat do you have?

KG's Supra24
06-11-2015, 01:23 AM
Is the bilge getting rid of the water? I'd think that much water is leaving a wet area?

I believe there are platform covers but not sure how they would hold up to the water. Wonder if a decoy would be effective?

bergermaister
06-11-2015, 02:30 AM
I'd rather have them taking a chit on the platform than on the cover anywhere....

moombadaze
06-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Try a fake rubber snake

mjr119
06-11-2015, 08:37 AM
+1 on the fake rubber snake. Dont tell your wife about it either. That should give you a good laugh when she discovers it haha.

chillyx
06-11-2015, 11:43 AM
I've got the 2015 mojo. There is no water in the compartment so I don't think the system is leaking. I'm thinking it's draining back out thru the reversible pump hose.