PDA

View Full Version : Vacuuming Carpet

Wolf-
06-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm storing my 2006 Outback outside until I get a garage built for it later this summer.
I've already seen the threads about a cover to protect my $500 covers (absurd that we have to do this) and have picked one of them up from WallyWorld.

But on EVERY outing, I end up vacuuming out a gallon or so of water from behind the observers seat. Should some of this bow water and wet body water drain down into the bilge area??

Yes, I'm a bit anal about moisture and mildew, but it gets old.
I've tried putting the dolly wheel on a block to raise the nose, all that does is push the water down under the observer's seat, it never actually drains out anywhere.

JoeTechie
06-05-2006, 10:48 PM
That does seem to be a low spot for that boat.

I have my nose wheel on 3 pieces of 1" ply and the jack cranked all the way, and before I got the water proof cover - I had about 1/2 gallon of rain water in the nose - under the front-most bow cushion... how is THAT a "low" spot ???

Strange.

I do not get any water over the bow though (more freeboard on the new hull design) - so that helps a lot.

good luck,

Joe

doug0446
06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I have the same problem with my xlv. I just ordered a cordless wet vac.

I think they should have put the bilge pumb under the transmission and not at the back under the engineer that is higher than the lowest spot.

Wolf-
06-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Ed G
Ok Doug, what's on your mind?
"not at the back under the engineer"
Have an extraordinarily good weekend, did you?

LOL!

Well, I vacuumed 9 gallons out of the carpet Sat evening.
I was in the water teaching some folks to wakeboard.
Rider got up and my wife pulled them down the "crick".
Rider fell off on the turn.
BassBoy screamed by and sent some serious rollers over the bow.

I'm in the water waiting for them, I look up and my baby is pumping water out of her like its the Posiden Adventure. I love auto bilges!

Regarding the 12volt Vac, thats a great idea. I bought a 4gal Rigid just for the boat. 110v though. And my inverters don't push enough amps to turn the motor over. LOL.