PDA

View Full Version : Left ballast won't drain??

Kidder522
06-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Hey everyone. First time in the new to me boat and I'm seeing if everything works. All is great except for my left ballast. It will fill, but won't drain.

2nd question. Do you leave the valve open or close on the ballast system when you are just running about? My bags were partially filled when I went to check the bags.

As always, your expertise is much appreciated.

Richard

Rakkasan
06-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Check to see if your left drain pump is running when you flip the switch. I had the same problem last year and it turned out that I needed and new drain pump. Pretty cheap around $30 at Walmart.
As for question 2 you'll want the main valve open but each bag (left,right,and center) will have its own sprinkler valve. When you hit the switch to filled the ballast it will send a signal to the sprinkler valve to open and fill the bag, if the valve is always open the water pressure from driving the boat will force water into the bags.

Search the forum for sprinkler valves and there should be a pic some where showing you what I'm talking about.

Hope that helps

Kidder522
06-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Thank you Rakkasan for your reply. I reset the breaker on the switch panel and it started. Drained the bag as it should. On the second question, I know now what you mean. All 3 of my switches were in the open position. I have put them in the closed position. A little more reading in the manual clarified it for me.

Again. Thank you for your reply.

Richard.

mmandley
06-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Sometimes I used to get this issue with my LSV also, I would have to stand on the bag to get the drain to prime, this was due to Air in the bag when draining through the vents. If you have more issues, get a 1 way check valve from Wake Makers, they are 15 bucks and put it in the vent line, this will allow you to vent when filling but not suck air when draining.

After that I never had an issue with my Aerator style pumps