PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Help..

khanna
06-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Hello, looking for some help or others that have may encountered this issue.
Went for my 1st run of the season Thursday night. Stored my boat over winter but stable in the gas, added some enhancer before I launched. The boat fired up fine. Did some wakeboarding for about 30 mins. Sat in a cove for about an hour. The would fire up but wouldn't hold to put into gear.
Long story short, I was towed in.

Last night I took it again and recreated the events to see if it was a fluke. Not so much. Of course the boat fired up fine, I ran it at about 25 mph for about 30 mins, drifted close to the dock this time for about 45 mins and it happened again.

I dealt with a similar issue early last year, realized my fuel line was cracked, replaced that and the distributer cap.

All in all, battery cables look good and connected properly.

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before or has any advice. The issue is concerning because the boat fires up fine and then sits for a long period of time and wont fire up & of course I am ready to get on the water!

Thanks for the help,
Kyle

brain_rinse
06-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Do some research on "vapor lock." The boat being used then sitting for awhile makes me think this may be your issue.

khanna
06-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks Dan, Yes seems like that is what I am experiencing. Any experience with that? or have you heard some solutions? thanks

brain_rinse
06-06-2015, 09:51 PM
Well the good news is that it is easy to test out. You can wrap a wet towel around the fuel pump or just pour some lake water on it. If it's vapor lock, doing one of those things should let you fire the engine right up. Some people have mentioned that they have an oil line too close to the pump that is transferring heat and that moving the line fixes it. Running the blower and/or lifting the engine hatch to help dissipate some heat helps too.

khanna
06-06-2015, 09:59 PM
ok, I will start there. I appreciate the advice.

moombadaze
06-07-2015, 08:39 AM
my first thought was vapor lock also---been there, no much fun being towed in