PDA

View Full Version : Mako Board Racks

moombamania
05-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Anybody else had a problem with their Mako board rack coming off the mount while boating. I have a nice gash starboard side as a result, and wondering if this is inherent to the design?

iparky
05-31-2003, 02:32 PM
They have a updated clamp that has a square stub versus the old round one. This may be your problem or you just didn't get the clamp tight enough. I always double check my clamps every day. But again, e-mail mako about your problem they are cool and should help.

06-02-2003, 08:43 AM
Spoke with Alex from Mako late last week. Very cool and great customer service. He had me ship our racks back and they replaced with their update clamp version. I should have today.

06-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Talked with Alex late last week, very cool guy and they offered up fantastic customer service. He had me send both racks back to Mako and they are going to replace with their new inverted clamp. I should have replacement racks today.

06-02-2003, 03:46 PM
Talked with Alex from Mako late last week. Super cool guy and their customer service is right on. He had me ship both racks back to them and they are going to return two with the new inverted clamp. He said he has heard of this in a very limited quantity and has already shipped out our replacements.

Excellent service. Very cool racks.

MrWingman
06-03-2003, 07:18 PM
I have the 03 Outback LS with factory cage and racks. They have the square type mount. However, I have already lost one due to this design issue. The other one is loose and no matter how tight I clamp it down it still wobbles. I supposedly am getting one replaced at no cost to myself but I don't think this is a solution to a design problem. I spoke with Skiers Choice and they told me they had not heard of others having this problem but would be looking into it. A call would probably help inform them that a problem does esist in the design. I spoke with the technical supervisor. 800.320.2779

01-04-2004, 03:15 AM
they are bad bad bad. I had them on my new kamberra from the dealer for 500 dollars and within thirty minutes the fell off with a wake board on them and we spent 4 hours looking for them. Skiers Choice would never return four of my calls but I did get through twice and Brian said that he would talk to my local dealer and see if some compensatiion could be worked out. Of course my local dealer never got a call from Brian and nor has he gotten back to me. I did call Mako and they were very pleasant but basically it is my problem. I would never use any of their products and Skiers Choice intrest in us little guys is nonexistent.;) by the way the racks were square new types

NAW
01-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey guys..Sorry to hear about your problems. The mounting clamps have been redesigned for '04. There is no longer a 'bicycle clamp', but now the rack screws onto the mount. It is impossible for them to become dislodged now. I strongly suggest you call Mako. The whole crew over there is dedicated to customer satisfaction, so I'm sure a reasonable solution can be obtained. 760.489.4404

Best Regards,
Neil W.
Indiana/Chicagoland Mako Rep