PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mojo 2.5 price

ghebert1111
06-02-2015, 08:27 PM
So my attempt to get the wife on board a 2014 Mobius LSV fell through, 5 months back, so I'm now trying to work her on a Mojo 2.5. So I need some input on what to pay for the following boat. Also are there any other options I should think about getting added? I know I want dual batteries. Anything else? I'll need to fold the tower so how useful is the fold assist. Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll be a Moomba owner this time.

Brand new Mojo 2.5

Bow Filler Cushion
Swivel Wakeboard Racks (set of 2)
Logo Cover (Charcoal)
Tower Bimini (Black)Prop
Acme 1235, Nibral
14.5x14.25 4 Blade
Digital Cruise Pro II (Display)
Moomba Flow Surf
Package B - Add 2 Bow Speakers and Amplifier
Single Battery System w/On-Board Charger
Depth Finder
Swing-Away Tongue - Color Matched

mmandley
06-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Hey there, if your trying to get her talked into a 14 LSV and that didn't work Then how are you going to talk her into a bigger more expensive boat?

As for the options you have listed, if thats what the boat already has then ok.

If you wan to save some coin, you can delete the bow speakers and amp if thats over $500 and save some money. It takes about an hour to do yourself, speakers and amp will run you about 1/2 that price.

As for the tower, Fold assist is pretty nice if you have tower speakers and don't plan to remove them. Other then that its pretty straight forward. I personally thought all the towers had fold assist as its built into the towers.

If that Mojo is a 14 Left over I'd expect your going to pay lower 60s upper 50s still.

LSV normally run about 5-8K cheaper same equipment set up.

KG's Supra24
06-02-2015, 11:41 PM
I was thinking the same as Mike regarding pricing on LSV vs Mojo but maybe you couldn't talk her into for other reasons.

Why isn't Drew's boat in the classifieds? Surf ready Mojo for sub 50k ....

https://atlantamarine.com/boats/2012-moomba-mojo-2-5/

ghebert1111
06-03-2015, 08:52 AM
I kind of sprung the boat thing on her in February and since then it's warmed up and we've been out on a friend's boat a few times and have looked at some used ones. She wasn't to happy with the wear and tear on the used ones we looked at and commented that maybe she was a bit hasty in February. So I think the time is right to get her on my side.

Those are the numbers I was looking for so thanks.

That 2012 is interesting thanks for posting the link.

jmvotto
06-03-2015, 09:05 AM
I was thinking the same as Mike regarding pricing on LSV vs Mojo but maybe you couldn't talk her into for other reasons.

Why isn't Drew's boat in the classifieds? Surf ready Mojo for sub 50k ....

https://atlantamarine.com/boats/2012-moomba-mojo-2-5/

yes I was thinking the same KG, ridin this boat and it is awesome and the owner certainly took very good care of her.

patrick232
06-03-2015, 10:55 AM
I kind of sprung the boat thing on her in February and since then it's warmed up and we've been out on a friend's boat a few times and have looked at some used ones. She wasn't to happy with the wear and tear on the used ones we looked at and commented that maybe she was a bit hasty in February. So I think the time is right to get her on my side.

Those are the numbers I was looking for so thanks.

That 2012 is interesting thanks for posting the link.

Just get one soon while she's onboard. Drew's old boat is the best setup Mojo in the country that I know of. I'm in line for his Supra, he even ordered it in Buckeye colors for me. He just doesn't know it yet.

KG's Supra24
06-03-2015, 11:04 AM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?25738-2012-Moomba-Mojo-47-999

wolfeman131
06-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks, guys. We sure did love that Mojo and, had the girls not been signed by Supra, we would be loving her again this summer.

I lowered the price on the forum only as I really would like to see it go to someone who will enjoy it as much as we did.

As for the Supra . . . . .

It's for sale after the season. I think I may need to auction it off as I've had a few already tell me they want it. Might come down to who knows how to finish this correctly:

O - H -

kaneboats
06-04-2015, 10:19 AM
N - o ???????????????????????

dusty2221
06-04-2015, 10:21 AM
O-H- Texas my Texas.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

brain_rinse
06-04-2015, 10:52 AM
A-W-K-S... G-O H-A-W-K-S!

Right?

kaneboats
06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
Or how about: O - H CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ghebert1111
06-05-2015, 11:32 PM
OK. I'm heading to New Orleans for 10th anniversary in 9 hours so hope to close the deal, so to speak with my wife while we are celebrating. Yes it may work out that she says yes after she has had a a drink or 5 at the Cat's Meow, but so be it. The deal I'm working is 54,900 for a brand new 2014 Mojo with the options I've mentioned above and dual batteries and popup cleats. I've read that for surfing, which is what we will mostly be doing, I should have the 345. What say you oh wise men. Good deal? Good enough to surf?

kaneboats
06-06-2015, 12:09 AM
If it's good enough for your wife it's good enough for me. So, ask her! :cool:

ghebert1111
06-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Sounds good. I'll post back on Monday. I'll be busy with other things till then, if you know what I mean.

kaneboats
06-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Yes, what happens in N'O'leans gets sung about in N'O'leans. Have fun and don't blow your down payment money.

moombadaze
06-06-2015, 11:03 AM
nope, I think in 8-9 months we will all know what went down in N'O'leans

ghebert1111
06-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Well I took care of that a few years ago so more little Gils. So what about that price and what about surfing with stock engine and balast?

Also, if I get the go ahead what accessories do I need to get. I saw that I need a sharp knife to cut the ski rope i'm gonna run over.

mmandley
06-07-2015, 05:12 AM
54K is a very legit deal, that's almost dealer cost.

For surfing you will want to get 900 for the rears, and an IBS system for the bow.

ghebert1111
06-09-2015, 09:59 AM
So my wife, who has yet to say yes to the boat, decides we need a wake surfboard and buys one last night so we have it for this weekend. Someone thinks he's getting a boat, Woohoo? I still have to work out some financing details but at this point it appears to be a done deal. Now I'm getting nervous cause I'm in way over my head here. Last night looking at boards I had no idea what I was doing. With my Jetskis I have enough experience(19 years) that I am know what I can do on them(everything, just replaced a crankshaft last weekend) and what I can't (nothing). But with this boat I'm a complete newbie, virgin what ever you call it in the boating world. Anyway, get your cracks in and then let's get down to business. (That was all supposed to be tongue in cheek BTW)

I guess I'm trying to prep y'all for some seemingly dumb, basic questions.

Questions
Subwoofer, should I have the dealer do it or buy myself and install myself.

For surfing you will want to get 900 for the rears, and an IBS system for the bow. Should I have the dealer do this? I had to google IBS. Are sacs just plug and play?

Wake surf board - Is it Wakesurf board, or wake surfboard? We bought one on Amazon that could get here by Wednesday but what are some suggestions for beginners. I've read the Hyperlite Broadcast is good starting point.

Thanks in advance and hopefully I can post some pics of me and my boat in a few days?

mmandley
06-09-2015, 12:03 PM
So my wife, who has yet to say yes to the boat, decides we need a wake surfboard and buys one last night so we have it for this weekend. Someone thinks he's getting a boat, Woohoo? I still have to work out some financing details but at this point it appears to be a done deal. Now I'm getting nervous cause I'm in way over my head here. Last night looking at boards I had no idea what I was doing. With my Jetskis I have enough experience(19 years) that I am know what I can do on them(everything, just replaced a crankshaft last weekend) and what I can't (nothing). But with this boat I'm a complete newbie, virgin what ever you call it in the boating world. Anyway, get your cracks in and then let's get down to business. (That was all supposed to be tongue in cheek BTW)

I guess I'm trying to prep y'all for some seemingly dumb, basic questions.

Questions
Subwoofer, should I have the dealer do it or buy myself and install myself.

For surfing you will want to get 900 for the rears, and an IBS system for the bow. Should I have the dealer do this? I had to google IBS. Are sacs just plug and play?

Wake surf board - Is it Wakesurf board, or wake surfboard? We bought one on Amazon that could get here by Wednesday but what are some suggestions for beginners. I've read the Hyperlite Broadcast is good starting point.

Thanks in advance and hopefully I can post some pics of me and my boat in a few days?

I am hoping she bought the boat you are wanting?

No dumb questions, only the ones you don't ask and then F up and have to finally ask anyhow.

You can install the 900s yourself, its unplug, replug.

IBS I personally had this added as part of the deal, I wanted a dedicated pump and switch for it. Dealer installed everything and I have a switch just below the remote on the drivers side to fill and drain my IBS.

Broadcast is a great board for New Riders, as well as the Ride is a great starter board.

ghebert1111
06-11-2015, 12:08 PM
Got final OK and waiting to sign paperwork. Will post pictures next week.

Thanks for all the input.

brain_rinse
06-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Awesome, congrats! But no one will believe you until we see pictures. :)

ghebert1111
06-13-2015, 11:33 PM
Still at lake but will post pics tomorrow. Got ton of questions. First one clean up at home tomorrow. Do I use a detergent to wash the gel coat?

Do I wash everything out let dry in the sun with the seat cushions up?

How do I keep boat from getting musty?

Is there a thread that addresses clean up after a day/weekend at the lake?

mmandley
06-13-2015, 11:41 PM
Where are you? As in your location? That dictates some of the clean up.

As for cleaning the outside, I use a car wash soap if I need to wash the boat due to towing in Rain.

I personally wipe the boat doen outside every trip to the lake when we are done.

There are multiple chemicals you can use, Babe Boat Wash, Speed Glass, I can't even think of them all.

I have a couple different ones I use depending if I am preventing water spots, or removing them.

You can even just use a soft towel to wipe it down at the end of the day.

I also use one of the damp towels to wipe all the interior down as well.

When Drying the boat I just lift the cushion and turn them slightly to allow air flow. I only remove vests.

I only take my bags out at the end of the season and clean them, then use 50% water/distilled vinegar to keep things from molding. I also use a Carpet Cleaner at the end of the season to clean all the under seat areas and my main carpet.

I can post the chemicals I use when I am home.

I wax the boat a couple times a year and I tend to just use Meguires Spray wax since I am wiping the boat after each use with Speed Glass which has a wax component.

Several threads talk about boat cleaning products and rituals we all have.

ghebert1111
06-13-2015, 11:52 PM
I'm at Weiss lake in Alabama. We will be heading to gardendale in the am. Could not be happier with the boat. Got several unsolicited compliments at the ramp/dock.

Thanks for the tips I want to make sure I don't screw anything up doing cleanup tomorrow. Also my first time getting it in the garage will be fun.

ghebert1111
06-14-2015, 07:07 PM

There it is. Now some more questions:

1. What is the after weekend use on the engine? I will be 100% in fresh water.

2. Seems like the snap in carpet needs to be pulled out to dry correctly, yes?

3. Sacks still seem to have water in them is that normal, maybe a couple of gallons? Can I pump that out out of the water?

4. If I'm rinsing out the floor does all the water drain out the center drain. When do I need to open the rear drain plug?

BamaMojo
06-14-2015, 10:43 PM
Beautiful boat! Did you buy from Skiers?

2012 Mojo

BamaMojo
06-14-2015, 10:44 PM

3. Sacks still seem to have water in them is that normal, maybe a couple of gallons? Can I pump that out out of the water?

4. If I'm rinsing out the floor does all the water drain out the center drain. When do I need to open the rear drain plug?

Beautiful boat! Did you buy from the guys at Skiers?

2012 Mojo

c h r i s
06-14-2015, 11:25 PM
^what he said. I too am in my first mojo season and want to keep the funk out.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks, I think she's beautiful too. And I got some of my Gator blue in there. I told the wife that the white is for Alabama.

No I did not buy at Skiers, They were great to work with but they only had 2015s and I was looking for a deal on a 2014. I called Atlanta Marine and dealt with Heidi and as they say, She made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

jmvotto
06-15-2015, 09:46 AM

1. should be fine, just check fluids etc.
2. if its really wet then pull and dry , but not necessary all the time.
3. get check valves from wakemakers to put on the ballast vent lines , will suck dry like raisins
4. turn bildge pump on should get most water out, if necessary pull center and rear plug

my .02

great looking mojo...

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 10:52 AM
OK. So today is dedicated to getting this monster into my downstairs garage. That was a selling point for the wife, might have stretched the truth on that one a bit. Plenty of depth. Width seems to be fine. Height is going to be close.

I've folded the tower down but there is a cable on the starboard side of the tower visible after folding. Is this the fold Assist? Can I loosen that allen nut and disconnect it? Can I get underneath and loosen something to allow the tower to fold lower?

I'm off to Harbor Freight for a drop hitch and we'll see what me and my neighbor can figure out.

Height of my garage is 6'11"

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 10:53 AM
1. should be fine, just check fluids etc.
2. if its really wet then pull and dry , but not necessary all the time.
3. get check valves from wakemakers to put on the ballast vent lines , will suck dry like raisins
4. turn bildge pump on should get most water out, if necessary pull center and rear plug

my .02

great looking mojo...

Is this the check valve to get?

jmvotto
06-15-2015, 11:02 AM

http://www.wakemakers.com/marine-check-valve.html

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 11:10 AM

Sorry copied the link and didn't post it.

Thanks.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 11:31 AM
http://www.wakemakers.com/marine-check-valve.html

So I cut the existing line and insert this inline? How do I determine the diameter, I don't see anything on the hose?

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 11:34 AM
OK. So today is dedicated to getting this monster into my downstairs garage. That was a selling point for the wife, might have stretched the truth on that one a bit. Plenty of depth. Width seems to be fine. Height is going to be close.

I've folded the tower down but there is a cable on the starboard side of the tower visible after folding. Is this the fold Assist? Can I loosen that allen nut and disconnect it? Can I get underneath and loosen something to allow the tower to fold lower?

I'm off to Harbor Freight for a drop hitch and we'll see what me and my neighbor can figure out.

Height of my garage is 6'11"

Pictures of the cable and the but.

mikenehrkorn
06-15-2015, 01:19 PM
So I cut the existing line and insert this inline? How do I determine the diameter, I don't see anything on the hose?

I did the same mod on my '13 OBV and I got the 1" valves for the stock hoses -- they fit perfect.

mark540
06-15-2015, 01:49 PM
On the bottom of the cable there is a washer captured by 2 nuts on a piece of threaded rod. Loosen the nuts and move it closer to the the end of the rod, this will lower it. On my Mondo the tower csn be lowered only so fsr before it hits the dash, should be different on the Mojo 2.5 as it is a slightly larger boat. That is not fold assist, it it just a tower stop.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 02:06 PM
On the bottom of the cable there is a washer captured by 2 nuts on a piece of threaded rod. Loosen the nuts and move it closer to the the end of the rod, this will lower it. On my Mondo the tower csn be lowered only so fsr before it hits the dash, should be different on the Mojo 2.5 as it is a slightly larger boat. That is not fold assist, it it just a tower stop.

Thanks that's what I'm looking for but how do I get to the bottom of the cable.

mcdye
06-15-2015, 02:12 PM
As noted it is the tower stop.

I have mine adjusted so the tower is about 1/4" off the dash. I got one of the boat shipping poles from the dealer and cut it down to fit these setting so any bouncing would not let the tower hit the dash.

We have a 7' height garage, so we have to do the 3 ring circus act to get in and out with a floor jack and a lowered hitch.

rbeckner27
06-15-2015, 02:13 PM
On mine when I have the tower lowered just above the dash the Bimini mount is the highest point. The drop hitch is gonna be the ticket but you are most likely going to have to use a jack to get the trailer on the drop hitch because the trailer dolly won't go low enough for as much as you are going to need to drop the hitch to fit in the garage.

mmandley
06-15-2015, 02:25 PM
For the carpet, you really don't have to remove it, its made from a mildew and mold resistant material. I only remove mine if I want to pressure wash it. That really does't work well either because water bleeds right through it lol.

I generally just let her sit in the sun or outdoors for an afternoon and everything is dry.

if you put her away wet, you should get some fans to blow dry the boat with. Other wise you will have more issues with things not drying out.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 03:27 PM
As noted it is the tower stop.

I have mine adjusted so the tower is about 1/4" off the dash. I got one of the boat shipping poles from the dealer and cut it down to fit these setting so any bouncing would not let the tower hit the dash.

We have a 7' height garage, so we have to do the 3 ring circus act to get in and out with a floor jack and a lowered hitch.

I'll post a picture of where I'm at in the next post. I have the thing half in the garage, the tower pylon is the sticking point. I need to adjust the tower so it goes lower. I don't know how to access the end of the stopper cable so the tower will lower further. I have about 4 6 inches I think it can be lowered

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 03:29 PM
I'll post a picture of where I'm at in the next post. I have the thing half in the garage, the tower pylon is the sticking point. I need to adjust the tower so it goes lower. I don't know how to access the end of the stopper cable so the tower will lower further. I have about 4 6 inches I think it can be lowered

Picture of my situation.

mmandley
06-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Can try letting the air out of the tires..

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Picture of my situation.

BTW, I'm not stuck. I just can't get the boat any further in the garage without lowering the tower. The trailer tong is already 4 inches off the ground.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 03:46 PM
Can try letting the air out of the tires..

I'll cut the stopper cable if I have to. I don't want to deflate/inflate the tires every time i want to get this in the garage.

mcdye
06-15-2015, 04:05 PM
no need to cut it :) pull it back out, with the tower up stick you hand in the side by the speaker to the base of the tower, you will fell the cable pull it out of the speaker area. you will see the nut that needs to be backed off so the cable will raise higher.

From the pic, you have a lot of space there to loosen it up, I put my steering wheel in the lowest position too.

You are there, my highest point is the bend in the tower just below the Bimini mount. Which you have already got thru the door.

Judging from the sides, your is just as tight fitting as mine.

"The trailer tong is already 4 inches off the ground. " Mine drags the concrete going in. :)

Curious what trailer axles do you have? torsion or spring?

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 04:09 PM
no need to cut it :) pull it back out, with the tower up stick you hand in the side by the speaker to the base of the tower, you will fell the cable pull it out of the speaker area. you will see the nut that needs to be backed off so the cable will raise higher.

From the pic, you have a lot of space there to loosen it up, I put my steering wheel in the lowest position too.

I think I get it. Let me get her out of the garage and put the tower back up and try that. Thanks.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 07:46 PM
I think I get it. Let me get her out of the garage and put the tower back up and try that. Thanks.

getting closer. I have my niece in there helping me, but she can't quite get it. If I can remove the rearmost speaker I think this job becomes a piece of cake. I unscrewed the speaker but the back is too big to allow the speaker to be removed. Is there a way to remove the back of the speaker. I guess that is some kind of waterproofing case?

See photo next post of my niece.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Here she is...

mark540
06-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Gil you are taking the hard route, with the tower up, stick your hand above the cup holders between the speakers, it is open above that area, grab the cable and adjust the cable in that area. You can pull the cable into the area enough to loosen and then tighten the nuts. No need to remove the speakers or get in the storage under the seats. I did mine in about 10 mins the first thing when I got home with the boat. Without lowering there was no way to get it into the garage.

ghebert1111
06-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Gil you are taking the hard route, with the tower up, stick your hand above the cup holders between the speakers, it is open above that area, grab the cable and adjust the cable in that area. You can pull the cable into the area enough to loosen and then tighten the nuts. No need to remove the speakers or get in the storage under the seats. I did mine in about 10 mins the first thing when I got home with the boat. Without lowering there was no way to get it into the garage.

Well the nut finally came loose and the boat is in the garage. I'm telling you that little nut did not want to give it up. My niece finally got a vise grip on the top nut and I got a deep socket on the bottom one and she broke loose.

It is now lying on the dash so I'll adjust it tomorrow so that it is not resting on anything and it still makes it under the door. Thanks for all the guidance, I certainly don't choose the hard way if another option is available.

Man it is tight in there but by golly she got in. Wife will be very happy with that result.

mcdye
06-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Glad to hear you was able to get the boat in a safe place.. :)

mark540
06-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Glad it is in. I used two small open end wrenches and cant remeber much drama other than having to adjust it a few times to get it close but not touching the tach bezel on the dash. The 800 lb gorilla that used to work at chrysler putting on oil filters must have taken a job at SC doing the cable nuts.

ghebert1111
06-16-2015, 07:21 PM
I have lots more questions, someone senior advise me as to whether to start new threads for each question, start a new thread, "Questions on my new Moomba" or just keep posting here.

Questions like:

Neighbor was commenting not to use gas with ethanol in the boat but based on my research that is not correct. Please confirm that I can use gas with ethanol in my boat?

I have an anchor and rope, do I wrap that up in a packing blanket so it doesn't slide around? Do I tie it off to one of the pop up cleats or the eye on the front of the boat?

Plenty more newbie questions.

rbeckner27
06-17-2015, 11:12 AM
I believe like most modern engines up to 10% ethanol is ok. I run 10% in my mojo and have not had a single issue.

The anchor i just rinse when pulling out of the water and toss in the carpeted compartments and throw the rope down on top after winding. when we are anchored i just toss the anchor over the side and loop through one of the pop up cleats up front.

ghebert1111
06-17-2015, 04:01 PM
I believe like most modern engines up to 10% ethanol is ok. I run 10% in my mojo and have not had a single issue.

The anchor i just rinse when pulling out of the water and toss in the carpeted compartments and throw the rope down on top after winding. when we are anchored i just toss the anchor over the side and loop through one of the pop up cleats up front.

Thanks for the response.

To follow up a prior post about adding Inline Check Valve Fitting to my ballast sac vent lines, do I just cut the line somewhere and add the check valve? is it just that simple?

mcdye
06-17-2015, 04:02 PM

Ditto on the gas..

I use a bungee extension rope in addition to the anchor line on the boat side, seems to help with waves when those dang wakeboard boats go by :) I toss the anchor and rope in a small tub under the seat.

rbeckner27
06-17-2015, 08:51 PM
For the check valve just cut the VENT hose and put the check valve in place but make sure you double check the valve direction and orient it correctly.

ghebert1111
06-17-2015, 09:43 PM
For the check valve just cut the VENT hose and put the check valve in place but make sure you double check the valve direction and orient it correctly.

Thank you. That's what I thought but measure twice, cut once. I've learned the hard way.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 10:20 AM

You are there, my highest point is the bend in the tower just below the Bimini mount. Which you have already got thru the door.

Judging from the sides, your is just as tight fitting as mine.

"The trailer tong is already 4 inches off the ground. " Mine drags the concrete going in. :)

Curious what trailer axles do you have? torsion or spring?

I have the tandem spring axles.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 10:26 AM
With a surf wake in mind, if I'm only able to do the IBS or upgrade rear sacs to 900 which should I do? Or should I wait until next year and do both then.

Btw, I have my trailer tongue on my floor jack so that I'm able to push the boat into the garage but it seems I can do better. I'm going to try and build a small dolly that I can lower the trailer tongue onto and will hopefully roll better than my floor jack. I'm off to check out the casters at Harbor Freight.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 10:35 AM
With a surf wake in mind, if I'm only able to do the IBS or upgrade rear sacs to 900 which should I do? Or should I wait until next year and do both then.

Btw, I have my trailer tongue on my floor jack so that I'm able to push the boat into the garage but it seems I can do better. I'm going to try and build a small dolly that I can lower the trailer tongue onto and will hopefully roll better than my floor jack. I'm off to check out the casters at Harbor Freight.

Here she is in the garage on the floor jack.

mcdye
06-18-2015, 01:49 PM
Here she is in the garage on the floor jack.

Once inside we jack it back up to use the trailer dolly wheel. I personally don't like leaving the nose tilted that much, maybe just me, but seems like extra weight shifted to one axle.

=================
For those that may come across this thread and may have clearance concerns and looking to do what has been discussed above. I know for fact (due to build errors) that with tandem spring axles I could not get my boat in my garage with letting a lot of air out of the tires. Once I got the trailer replaced with what was ordered (torsion axles) I was able to get my boat in the garage without having to let air out of the tires. Also with torsion axles you can technically move the arms on the axles to get a little more clearance per Boatmate. hth
=================

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 02:09 PM
Once inside we jack it back up to use the trailer dolly wheel. I personally don't like leaving the nose tilted that much, maybe just me, but seems like extra weight shifted to one axle.

=================
For those that may come across this thread and may have clearance concerns and looking to do what has been discussed above. I know for fact (due to build errors) that with tandem spring axles I could not get my boat in my garage with letting a lot of air out of the tires. Once I got the trailer replaced with what was ordered (torsion axles) I was able to get my boat in the garage without having to let air out of the tires. Also with torsion axles you can technically move the arms on the axles to get a little more clearance per Boatmate. hth
=================

That makes sense. Does anyone know if having the trailer angled down like that for a week is bad for the trailer/boat? If there is no reason to do steps 5-7 below I'd like to skip them.

So when I'm done boating I'll:
1. line up boat with garage
2. jack up the boat off my vehicle
3. lower boat onto my custom dolly, see below.
4. push boat into garage
5. jack up boat
6. lower the dolly wheel
7. lower boat onto the dolly wheel

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 02:15 PM

Those hoses seems pretty stout, what are y'all using to cut them? Also read elsewhere to heat up the hose to ease getting it on the barb, is this just using a hair dryer or heat gun.

On a personal note, although I'm a Gator fan, I will be getting to spend some time with Bobby Bowden next week. He's playing at the golf course I live on and my neighbor is in his foursome. I think I'll invite him out on my Mojo.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 02:40 PM
I've read many threads and talked to service at Atlanta Marine and Skiers Marine and am totally confused as to the oil that I can use to top off my boat. I've been told/read:

1. anything but Pennzoil Marine 15w40 may void my warranty
2. use Valvoline 20w50
3. use Rotella Diesel
4. several other brands to use

I would just use the Pennzoil but I can't find that in Birmingham. I can always order the Pennzoil online.

mikenehrkorn
06-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Those hoses seems pretty stout, what are y'all using to cut them? Also read elsewhere to heat up the hose to ease getting it on the barb, is this just using a hair dryer or heat gun.

I used a a razor cutter and good pair of sturdy scissors to finish the cut. I don't recall needing to heat the hose to get them on to the valve, but I would go with less heat first (hair dryer) and only move on to the heat gun if necessary.

jmvotto
06-18-2015, 02:51 PM
use these or something similar to cut ballast hose, vents will slide right in, not barbs on the vents. Rotella is fine, buy at walmart
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=cable+cutters

wolfeman131
06-18-2015, 02:54 PM
PVC cutters (your can get a cheap pair when you're at Harbor Freight) work great for cutting the hose and softening it up in hot water works better than the hair dryer/heat gun, IMO

rbeckner27
06-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Keep yours eyes peeled on the classified section as bags are often being offered up for sale. i would try the IBS first as when you have people with you they can act as weight and are more likely to sit in the rear of the boat.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 03:51 PM
use these or something similar to cut ballast hose, vents will slide right in, not barbs on the vents. Rotella is fine, buy at walmart
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=cable+cutters

Is this the correct rotella? Sorry for being OCD about it but I don't want to make an expensive mistake.

I get my check valves on Friday so I'll see if the hoses will just slip on or not.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Keep yours eyes peeled on the classified section as bags are often being offered up for sale. i would try the IBS first as when you have people with you they can act as weight and are more likely to sit in the rear of the boat.

Thanks Rusty. I'll do that.

mmandley
06-18-2015, 08:38 PM
1. Can you leave the boat tilted forward for long periods of time, Technically yes, but over time you will cause the front tires to wear faster and possibly the trailer suspension because you are shifting more then designed weight on the front axle.
I would life the boat as level as possible when in storage for more then a week.
Also each year I would rotate the tires front to rear, rear to front to help displace the wear.
2. Oil factory will tell you Penzoil because that's what they prefer, as long as you use a brand, weight with the same ratings then you are fine. If you have an engine failure due to oiling most likely it wont be because of your brand, more so the weight, usage, or lack of oil.
OCD about it?
http://www.explosivepowersports.com/pennzoil-sae-15w40-heavy-duty-marine-engine-oil-gal-3-550022734/?gclid=CjwKEAjw2ImsBRCnjq70n_amv14SJAChXijNtIx-M8IjmQB6kkfhYS-khzKMB_U0p49x6HQIGgGk0hoCpsfw_wcB

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 08:51 PM
Is this the correct rotella? Sorry for being OCD about it but I don't want to make an expensive mistake.

I get my check valves on Friday so I'll see if the hoses will just slip on or not.

missed the link to the Rotella

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Shell-Rotella-T-15W-40-Heavy-Duty-Diesel-Oil-1-gal./14958327

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 08:55 PM
1. Can you leave the boat tilted forward for long periods of time, Technically yes, but over time you will cause the front tires to wear faster and possibly the trailer suspension because you are shifting more then designed weight on the front axle.
I would life the boat as level as possible when in storage for more then a week.
Also each year I would rotate the tires front to rear, rear to front to help displace the wear.
2. Oil factory will tell you Penzoil because that's what they prefer, as long as you use a brand, weight with the same ratings then you are fine. If you have an engine failure due to oiling most likely it wont be because of your brand, more so the weight, usage, or lack of oil.
OCD about it?
http://www.explosivepowersports.com/pennzoil-sae-15w40-heavy-duty-marine-engine-oil-gal-3-550022734/?gclid=CjwKEAjw2ImsBRCnjq70n_amv14SJAChXijNtIx-M8IjmQB6kkfhYS-khzKMB_U0p49x6HQIGgGk0hoCpsfw_wcB

I'll put it on the dolly wheel then.

Rotella it is for me.

Thanks.

rbeckner27
06-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Some where either here or wakeworld a guy by the name enginedoc went into detail the advantages of the rotella. When I also had my diesel truck it also meant only one oil type I had to keep on hand.

ghebert1111
06-18-2015, 09:20 PM
FYI, jut discovered that Blue Magic Metal Polish does wonders at cleaning up fogged up head lights. I'll post some before and after pics tomorrow. Mothers metal polish was good but not as good. Sure this information doesn't belong here but I'm trying to give back. Any questions on 1996 SeaDoo XPs I can answer as well.

mmandley
06-18-2015, 11:36 PM
Some where either here or wakeworld a guy by the name enginedoc went into detail the advantages of the rotella. When I also had my diesel truck it also meant only one oil type I had to keep on hand.

I use this in my diesels and the boat as well. Never an issue.

beat taco
06-19-2015, 01:48 AM
I use this in my diesels and the boat as well. Never an issue.
You can't have issues with new junk every year or two.

mmandley
06-19-2015, 02:36 AM
You can't have issues with new junk every year or two.

Still got Oil changes while i have them. I average 20-30K miles a year LOL.

ghebert1111
06-19-2015, 06:12 PM

First mod to my Mojo is done. It was as easy as suggested.

ghebert1111
06-21-2015, 12:04 AM
First mod to my Mojo is done. It was as easy as suggested.

First mod worked like a charm. Thanks.