PDA

View Full Version : what is the right prop?

norrisboater
06-03-2006, 09:42 AM
I have a 2005 Mobius LS, I hit a piece of wood and bent the tip of my prop. I asked the dealer about buying another one so that I have a spare while i get the other re-conditioned. The dealer indicated that it is a 13x11.5x1. When i went out on the net to check the price for a new one, acme prop offers that size, but with different cup sizes of .04, .06, .08. The dealer indicated that the prop that came with the boat is specific to that engine and that boat and is customized by Moomba.......no other prop will be correct for it?

This sounds a bit like the dealer is trying to sell me a a prop for $490 when I can buy a CNC prop on the net from acme for $379. Can anyone provide some help on what cup size to buy and if the dealer is giving me a line, thanks in advance for your help.

deepcove
06-09-2006, 12:28 AM
I have a 2004 Mobius LS and I upgraded to An ACME 543 prop. My boat feels like I have a performance upgrade to my motor. I now use my OJ as a spare. Call the guys at ACME and tell them what kind of weight you are running etc and they will recomend the best prop for your application. BTW the 543 is a 3 blade.

norrisboater
06-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, much apprecitated.