PDA

View Full Version : Surf Edition, yet my surfboard will not strap into board racks?

Brighter Days
05-29-2015, 04:49 PM
I have 2015 Mojo with S Bend tower and the bungie cord on my tower racks is to short to strap around my board? I have 2 different boards and they will both fit into the larger slot at top of board rack but can't secure them. What is everyone else doing to solve this issue?

trayson
05-29-2015, 06:18 PM
You can get 10 yards of black 1/4" bungee cord for like $10 at walmart. It's in the camping/boating section. Like for kayaks.

I don't put my nice board in the tower rack (it's too thick anyway). it goes on my cargo bimini.

jmvotto
05-29-2015, 08:36 PM
You can get 10 yards of black 1/4" bungee cord for like $10 at walmart. It's in the camping/boating section. Like for kayaks.

I don't put my nice board in the tower rack (it's too thick anyway). it goes on my cargo bimini.

Shouldn't have to go to Walmart after you drop 70k on a new boat for bungees

mmandley
05-29-2015, 08:42 PM
I got some pretty wide boards and my bungee fits. You have to stretch it from the base, then around the board and they stretch more over time.

Other wise the dealer should sell replacements which are longer. I would think they would replace it since its a very low dollar item and your a new boat buyer.

trayson
05-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Shouldn't have to go to Walmart after you drop 70k on a new boat for bungees

My time is worth more than the principle. it's 30 to 50 minutes to drive to the local boat dealer. I can be at wally world in 7 minutes.

I don't disagree that sure the dealer should make a guy happy. But if he wanted solutions,
I gave one. :)

Szometimes it's not worth the fight.

jmvotto
05-30-2015, 09:05 AM
My time is worth more than the principle. it's 30 to 50 minutes to drive to the local boat dealer. I can be at wally world in 7 minutes.

I don't disagree that sure the dealer should make a guy happy. But if he wanted solutions,
I gave one. :)

Szometimes it's not worth the fight.

I would agree, but damn that sucks.. Only certain boards go in the racks for sure

deelan_
05-30-2015, 12:28 PM
I've found if the bungees are to tight and it's hot enough it will leave dents in the board.. I don't put mine in the board racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk