PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mobius LSV fuel capacity?

CookieMonster
05-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Just wondering if the manual could be wrong on fuel capacity. It says 40 gallons, but the most I've put in it was 25gal. At first I though my gauge might be off, stuck float or something, but last weekend I wasn't paying attention to the guage and literally ran out of fuel (right by the pump thank God) and it only took about 25 gallons. Any ideas?

http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/nrla07si/Capture.png (http://s872.photobucket.com/user/nrla07si/media/Capture.png.html)

mjr119
05-28-2015, 02:47 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I put around $60 in my boat with it almost empty according to the gauge, which gave it over 3/4 of a tank.

jmvotto
05-28-2015, 02:50 PM
the float is off by a bit for safety measure so when it reads E it probably has 10 gallons left, so the 40 gallons is correct , fear factor of running out of fuel.

my OBV 2007 is the same boat essentially and had 40 gallon tank.

jmvotto
05-28-2015, 02:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I put around $60 in my boat with it almost empty according to the gauge, which gave it over 3/4 of a tank.

How many gallons?

VA LSV
05-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Might want to make sure the vent hose isn't pinched. That could cause the fill nozzle to shut off early. I have put more than 25 gal in many times.

gregski
05-28-2015, 03:32 PM
I've been suspect of mine as well. I've never run till empty to know for sure, but I have run a ways past E on the gauge and have never needed more than 30 gallons. I have been tempted to take a 5 gallon can and run till empty to find out.

CookieMonster
05-28-2015, 03:46 PM
I may have a kink in the hose but that wouldn't explain me running out of gas, putting 25gal and it then reading full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hang-nail
05-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Could the pick up tube be short, broken, or fallen off? May be good to look at how much fuel you can see in the semi clear tank. I think my gauge reads low and I often have a bit more fuel left on the low side, which I am ok with.

I was planning to pull my take later this summer, so it will be interesting to see the gauge vs tank as I try to run the tank empty.

Pulling it to put an extra drain plug in the center of the boat. Figured it is safest just to pull the tank and put the plug in the recess just aft of the first fin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gregski
10-05-2015, 01:31 PM
From 'ran out of gas' to 'gas pump makes slightly higher pitched gurgle just before the dreaded petrol shower overflow' was 37 gallons for me. I really could have used another 3 :)

jimmobius
10-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Since I just posted up on fuel tank stuff, I just pumped mine empty with the bow pointed up on the trailer. Gauge reading was about 1/8 tank of fuel and I pumped out about 13 gallons . At a half tank 15 would show full, takes a while for the gauge to show full after the nozzle kicks off. I haven't run it out of fuel yet, don't want
to burn up fuel pump.

996scott
10-07-2015, 11:12 AM
I did run mine out of gas a year ago. We were out on the lake and I had an extra 5 gal tank with me so i decided to see how long it would keep going when the needle was on empty. I was on empty for hours before i finally ran out. I think you always have about 1/4 tank more than the gauge shows.