PDA

View Full Version : New Ballast All Around for my '14 LSV!

North Woods Mobius
05-26-2015, 12:26 PM
I just got off the phone with Wakemakers and purchased new 900 lbs bags for my rear lockers and a 500 lbs IBS for my '14 LSV. These guys are amazing to work with, knew exactly what I needed, and they set me up with a nice discount code for my whole purchase!

The GIII system with stock 650's in the rear and no nose weight was making it really hard to shape any kind of decent wave this weekend (especially with only my wife and only my youngest son in the boat). But with my older twin sons heading off to college this Fall, I'm afraid this will be our new normal for skiing and surfing so I've replaced my boys with ballast bags :-(

Can't wait to pop them in the boat when we're up again in a few weeks!

mikenehrkorn
05-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Might want to look into the 650 or 750 # IBS instead of the 500 #. I have the 650 in my OBV and it fits just fine and I hear from others that the 750 has slightly longer legs and fits even better. They are probably a few bucks more but the extra weight would be nice!!

13mobiusLSV
05-26-2015, 12:56 PM
I have the exact same setup (500 IBS and 900 rears) with the manual flow. Wave looks great. My ibs at 500 seems to be a snug fit and blows out the cup holders. Not sure how much better a 650 will fit. Although I know I'm in the minority with a 500 up front.