PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Moomba Swivel Ski Racks...

North Woods Mobius
05-25-2015, 08:58 AM
I've got a '14 LSV with one set of OEM swivel racks (port & starboard), but I find that they work really poorly for my slalom skis. In addition to our 2 wakesurf boards (Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster & LF Fish), we have 3 slalom skis (all HO''s) for each of us (mine, the wife's and one for my 3 sons that they share). I find that the only way I can get the slalom skis on the rack is to use the wider slot but I can ony get 1 ski on that rack and I end up having the put the other skis in the locker, plus that means that I can only bring one board ....

I'm hoping to find a swivel ski rack, or at least one that is narrow enough to leave it fixed but still get into my hoist. I'd like to find Moomba OEM racks for this but I haven't had much luck, but that's less important than getting the right functionality.

Here's our set up now with 1 ski and 1 board. Any thoughts from you guys??

viking
05-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Skylon makes a nice X-Waterski Rack. Not cheap but great quality rack.
They more than likely make a fixed adapter to mount it on the upper portion of your tower or you can use it on the lower swivels.
I personally like it up and out of the way so I can retain the use of the lower racks for boards. And it's low profile!

http://www.skylonsports.com/shop/wakeboard-racks/xrack-ski-brushed.html

jstenger
05-26-2015, 12:28 PM
I agree with viking. Skylon makes the factory Moomba racks. They have the adapter for the Illusion tower which has the same hole pattern as the OZ HD tower.

North Woods Mobius
06-01-2015, 08:16 PM
I agree with viking. Skylon makes the factory Moomba racks. They have the adapter for the Illusion tower which has the same hole pattern as the OZ HD tower.

Thanks fellas ... I just got off the phone with Robby at Skylon who did me a solid deal on a pair of fixed X-Waterski racks for the the upper fittings of my OZ HD tower (I've got the swivel racks on the lower fittings).... He matched their online price of $349, did the OZ HD adapters for $15/each, and let me use a 10% off coupon for the whole order. I maybe coulda shopped that around a bit, but Robby was super helpful so I figured I'd throw him this biz ...

They should ship my way at the end of the week, although sadly I won't be back up to the Lake for 4 weeks... I hope the won't hit the windshield or gunwale when I fold my tower down to get into our hoist, but I can always quickly remove them with the center screw handle. Thanks again for the advice, and I'll post a few pics when I get 'em up next month

jstenger
06-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Thanks fellas ... I just got off the phone with Robby at Skylon who did me a solid deal on a pair of fixed X-Waterski racks for the the upper fittings of my OZ HD tower (I've got the swivel racks on the lower fittings).... He matched their online price of $349, did the OZ HD adapters for $15/each, and let me use a 10% off coupon for the whole order. I maybe coulda shopped that around a bit, but Robby was super helpful so I figured I'd throw him this biz ...

They should ship my way at the end of the week, although sadly I won't be back up to the Lake for 4 weeks... I hope the won't hit the windshield or gunwale when I fold my tower down to get into our hoist, but I can always quickly remove them with the center screw handle. Thanks again for the advice, and I'll post a few pics when I get 'em up next month
Robby is great. He hooked me up with a pair of modified Skylon kneeboard racks for the OZ HD tower.