PDA

View Full Version : 14' Mobius/Water in Bilge & Other Issues/HELP!

BlatinD
05-25-2015, 12:27 AM
Hey guys,

How often should your bilge pump come on? I know it shouldn't be as often as mine does. I'm taking water from somewhere and I can't find it. Mine comes on pretty much every time I stop for like a minute or so. I check the engine compartment and it's usually enough water to cover the transducer. I also check the center hole where the drain plug goes and its about to the top of "T" part of the plug pretty much every time I stop cruising. The bilge pump is doing a good job at pumping it out and I was able to stay out all day but what the hell? My boat is literally brand new with about 8 hours on it and the wake plate already doesn't work and the ballasts don't fill. None of them. I filled them just to test it out and they worked but then out of nowhere the pumps won't even come on now (the breakers are fine)...Also, the first time I took it out the speedo didn't work so the dealer replaced the paddlewheel. That fixed that problem but I think I got one of the boats from the factory that just has every possible problem. I did have a little freeze scare this winter but I took it in and they said it was fine. I ran it on the lake and couldn't see where any water was coming from. I imagine a cracked block would leak a lot and at least spray somewhere or there'd be a sign of a leak somewhere. I couldn't find anything. I'm hoping it's not cracked and the dealer just missed it. Transom and center plugs are tight and as far as I could tell it wasn't coming in the from the shaft. I dunno. I inspected pretty good when just sitting on the water with the engine off and couldn't see anything so I think its only when Im moving. Hard to tell. Any suggestions or anyone with these same problems? This is bullshit...It's a brand new boat. Is there any connections or hoses that get disconnected for winterization I need to be checking. Also, where are the freeze plugs on a 2014 Mobius? I looked at all the fittings and everything seemed fine. The dealer that winterized it said it was ready for the water...Just put it in and go he said. All I know is the engine seems to be running great but its taking water, the ballasts don't work, and neither does the wake plate, and Im pissed off.

Beejwest
05-25-2015, 01:07 AM
If it's new, it's under warranty. Take it back.

mmandley
05-28-2015, 12:48 AM
There is a circuit breaker in the engine compartment for the ballast pumps, when you say don't work as in they come on and don't fill bags? They don't come on at all?

Same thing with Wake Plate. what exactly is happening when you hit the switch? Does the electric motor come on but the plate doesn't move? Is there no electric motor at all? Does the gauge move at all?

If you had a Freeze scare then you will need to monitor it. If its leaking bad enough that every time you stop the bilge comes on then you should be able to sit at idle in the water and find it. The bilge needs Gallons of water before it comes on.

My guess would be if your not seeing anything spraying out of the engine or anyplace then its possible its the dripless drive shaft seal.

BlatinD
05-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Circuit breakers all fine...no signs of leaks at idle. The wake plate does not move at all or make a sound. The gauge is stuck in one spot (both analog & digital display). Ballast same thing. No noise, nothing. Lights come on the switches but they don't work. Again, breakers aren't tripped. It's in the shop now. They are taking a look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlatinD
05-28-2015, 06:36 PM
I thought about the shaft too but the damn thing has 8 hours on it...wouldn't surprise me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brain_rinse
05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
A new boat of any brand will always have some first year kinks to work through. Part of the deal unfortunately. Get them fixed up under warranty and get some more hours on it.

kaneboats
05-28-2015, 10:52 PM
A new boat of any brand will always have some first year kinks to work through. Part of the deal unfortunately. Get them fixed up under warranty and get some more hours on it.

Mine had none. Never went back to the original dealer for a single warranty item. (He was 4 hrs. away but still- never needed to.)

brain_rinse
05-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Well there goes that theory. Maybe he should buy your boat?

kaneboats
05-28-2015, 10:57 PM
Not for sale! Love me some 2008 Moomba LSV still.

samvq1
05-29-2015, 02:55 PM
I had a similar issue with water intrusion and speedometer. Did the water issue start after the speedo replacement? My speedo was replaced due to the service bulletin for paddlewheel voltage spike. When they replaced the paddlewheel, the o-ring didn't seat correctly or they forgot it. My bilge pump would come on about every 20 minutes or so. At the end of the day I would have water about 1/2 way up the T handle on the center plug. They fixed that and the bilge has been dry since. I can't help with the ballast or wake plate issues.

BlatinD
05-31-2015, 11:00 PM
I had a similar issue with water intrusion and speedometer. Did the water issue start after the speedo replacement? My speedo was replaced due to the service bulletin for paddlewheel voltage spike. When they replaced the paddlewheel, the o-ring didn't seat correctly or they forgot it. My bilge pump would come on about every 20 minutes or so. At the end of the day I would have water about 1/2 way up the T handle on the center plug. They fixed that and the bilge has been dry since. I can't help with the ballast or wake plate issues.

I'll let him know....could be what it is. Now that I think about it...It didn't leak before that.

BeanK
07-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Porbably late but just starting looking around for answers. You've had similar problems as us. New 2014 moomba. Wiring connection on the pump side of the breaker in the engine compartment came loose. The pumps and wake plate are wired to this. Our boat is also taking on water and have yet to find the problem. O2 sensors setting off computer with no solution. Been in to repair 4 times. Certainly not the quality of boat we were used to and somewhat oversold. Skiers Choice and Indmar have not been very proactive in making sure the boat get repaired correctly and timely.