PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mobius Trailer Jack

KarMobLSV06
06-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I've got 20 hrs now on my new boat and the trailer jack stand that came from Boat Mate is flimsy at best. The caster wheel brackest are bent and the wheel can't move freely. It bent wile I had the standard size wheel. I got a smaller wheel from boat Mate so that the boat would fit into the garage. I was just wondering if anyone else has had issues with their trailer jack and if any one knew of a heavier duty system that would work with the boat mate trailer's mount for a new one.

Thanks!! Love the boat!

TN_Boarder
06-02-2006, 04:14 PM
I've also got a trailer jack problem. My father was attempting to move my 06 LSV out of his garage by himself. Its too tall to hook to the truck inside the garage so we have to hand roll it out. His driveway has slight incline coming out of the garage and you see where I'm going. The boat got away from him so he decided to let it roll to the grass and so the grass stopped it but slightly bent the trailer jack. He was then able to get the boat hooked to the truck but forgot to raise the trailer jack. When he pulled the boat back onto the driveway, the trailer jack hung on the edge of the concrete severely bending the jack. He was able to do some staightening and the jack is still operational but noticeably warped to say the least. I was planning on buying a new one but I don't want to purchase the same one if it is going to just wear out quickly as explained above so does anyone know of any alternatives and prices. I can certainly live with the warped one but my father naturally feels bad about the situation and has offered to replace it so I was looking for the most cost effective route for him but I don't want to just be throwing money away on something that will just have to be replaced again in a year.

zabooda
06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
I got a jack that was damaged when I bought the boat used. There is about a 10° tilt to the jack because the slot was enlarged but I'm not sure how it got that way. I live with it but someday I may fix it or replace the jack. It's still functional and I'm the only one who sees it as it folds up OK for trailering. I'm just not sure what would replace the jack since the trailer has brackets welded for the jack to pivot.

lowdrag
06-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hijack, but...

Just something for people to think of before they end up with a runaway trailer. If you get in that situation like many of us have, go ahead and yank the emergency brake cable running out the front of the tongue. Just one of those little things to think about since when it happens you won't usually be in the frame of mind to think about it unless it's crossed your mind before.

KarMobLSV06
01-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I ended up ordering another Fulton Trailer jack that has 2 6" wheels rather than 1 8" wheel. Believe it or not the one inch difference in trailer jack height allowed the boat to actually fit in my old school 2 car detatched garage at home. The replacement jack fit onto the trailer's factory jack mount too.

I now keep my boat at the lake in storage that has a high enough door and ceiling to keep the tower up. So the trailer jack is no longer an issue, but I still like the 2 wheel design better.

What a difference in time to put the boat away when we leave the lake. Now we don't have to fight the tower while trying to cover the boat. There has to be a better way to hold the tower in the down position. Looking forward to going to the boat shows to see what the new 08s have to offer.

cab13367
01-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Once I've got my LSV in the garage and unhooked from the tow vehicle, I put a jackstand under the trailer, right behind where the swing away tongue is hinged, put a hockey puck on top of the jackstand, then lower the trailer onto it just until the weight is completely off the trailer jack. This way, there is no strain on the trailer jack and the boat doesn't wobble around when I get in it. I do leave the trailer jack in the down position as a backup in the unlikely event that the tongue slips off the jackstand.

In regards to an easier way to hold the tower in the down position, see the link below to some pics I posted of a simple yet effective DIY tower stand. Doesn't help at all if you need to put the cover on though. I suspend the partially folded tower from above when I need to do that.

Hope that helps.

Al

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=3995&highlight=