PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Assault 340 Rough Running and Backfire on Take-off

Rgrdad3
05-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Hi All,
I'm having issues with my 06 Outback. It's the Assault 340 with EFI. At the end of last year I was having some hesitation issues on take-off..enough to annoy my skiers (and me!). I figured that it needed a tune-up as it's been 413 hours with just fluid and impeller changes.

Prior to putting the boat in this year I changed out the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. I fired it up, and it is running even worse than before! Now it feels like it is not running on all cylinders, and backfires when I drop the throttle for a hard take-off. I purchased the parts at my local Moomba dealer, so I'm pretty sure that they are the correct parts.

Also, I had a little under an 8th of a tank when I pulled it out last year, I filled the tank prior to dropping in this season. I also broke a fuel line (from the pump to the metering block) that was replaced.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Sean:mad:

Rgrdad3
05-26-2015, 09:03 PM
All, solved the problem. It seems that I got a bad distributor cap from the dealer. Good news is that when I spoke with him about the issue, he suggested the fix and threw in another cap without the exchange. Boat is running great now and my dealer is awesome!

mmandley
05-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Awesome deal man.