PDA

View Full Version : Engine won't start after running and sitting

volare
05-21-2015, 05:01 PM
I have a moomba 2006 xlv with multiport fuel injection and after running my boat and get the normal temperature after a 30-40 min run.... after stopped 1-2 hours the motor won t start and or the motor stopped because rpm is too low. The only method to restart it is to put the throttle wide open or stand by half to 1 hrs...... Anybody have a answer what is the problem.... my temperature sensor is new, fuel pressure is good... the only thing i forget to check because we can't check it. ( is it my throttle body the problem IAC don't working good?) somebody have a hint ?

sivs1
05-21-2015, 05:06 PM
sounds like vapor lock

parrothd
05-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a leaky injector or a bad fuel pump. I'd replace the pump as it's almost 10 years old and fuel filter and stay away from ethanol fuel..

moombahighrider
05-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Vapor lock....

volare
06-02-2015, 12:39 PM
if is vapor lock how to resolve it?

sivs1
06-02-2015, 12:46 PM
I am sure your XLV is very similar to my LSV. You should have the remote oil filter and two hoses running down from it to the engine. I noticed the hoses were resting against the fuel pump, both hoses run hot and was heating up the fuel pump causing vapor lock. I took 5-6 zip ties and pulled the hoses back so they do not come in contact with the fuel pump. even though they are still close, the do not touch, have not had an issue since.

mmandley
06-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Other way if it still happens is get a bottle of cold water from the cooler and pour it on the fuel lines.

moombahighrider
06-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Other way if it still happens is get a bottle of cold water from the cooler and pour it on the fuel lines.

This is what I do. Works every time...

khanna
06-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Hello, curious to see if some of the recommendations solved your issues as I am having similar problems. I have a 2007 Mobius LSV.
Went for my 1st run of the season Thursday night. Stored my boat over winter but put stable in the gas, added some enhancer before I launched. The boat fired up fine. Did some wakeboarding for about 30 mins. Sat in a cove for about an hour. The engine would fire up but wouldn't hold to put into gear.
Long story short, I was towed in.

Last night I took it out again and recreated the events to see if it was a fluke. Not so much. Of course the boat fired up fine, I ran it at about 25 mph for about 30 mins, drifted close to the dock this time for about 45 mins and it happened again.

I dealt with a similar issue early last year, realized my fuel line was cracked, replaced that and the distributer cap.

All in all, battery cables look good and connected properly.

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before or has any advice. The issue is concerning because the boat fires up fine and then sits for a long period of time and wont fire up & of course I am ready to get on the water!

Thanks for the help,
Kyle