PDA

View Full Version : 2016 F150 backup assist

viking
05-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Pretty slick for those of us whose wives aren't that good (or confident) in backing up a trailer. Maybe a few dudes out there could use it too....LOL

http://videos.caranddriver.com/services/player/bcpid626953918?bctid=4249243731001

sivs1
05-21-2015, 02:52 PM
pretty slick, don't like it. Means driver will be watching the screen and playing with his or her knob and not paying attention to anything else around them.

spyder
05-21-2015, 03:04 PM
pretty slick, don't like it. Means driver will be watching the screen and playing with his or her knob and not paying attention to anything else around them.

i was thinking the same thing, i surprised they weren't required to add more peripheral vision to the screen(s)

viking
05-21-2015, 04:14 PM

Since when does a woman driver pay attention to anything around them?

mmandley
05-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Pretty cool stuff but I think its too much control for the truck.

I watch people with back up cameras never actually look behind them now.

Claudia is really good at backing the truck and boat, she drives the truck and boat home at the end of the day.

She can launch the boat as well but prefers me to Dock the boat.

So I always launch it. She can even trailer the boat but she prefers the truck. Less nerve racking then trailing the boat

mcdye
05-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Oh My...

I have taught my whole family how to backup the boat trailer and park it at the ramp. They do it via the mirrors versus the owl look. It is nice to stay in the boat and let someone else fetch the trailer.