PDA

View Full Version : Wake on lsv with flow surf

canadaair
05-17-2015, 11:37 AM
Wondering how the surf wake is on lsv with the flow surf. I thought about adding one to my 07 but would love to see one in action or atleast hear some testimonials. I have built a ghetto surf gate that I am going to try in a weeks time but would order flow surf if it works.
I have seen videos on the mojo and mondo but none on lsv

Woody929
05-17-2015, 11:06 PM
I have it and could really tell a difference the first time out. I've only had it out twice, and it will probably be either the 31st or the 12th before I have it out again. We've had so much rain, most of the ramps are closed.

The first time I had it out in March, it was really windy and tough to get a clean wave, but I surfed it anyway. I didn't have the boat weighted properly, but it felt like I had more push then I had the season before.

Before the last time I went out (5/2) I bought a tsunami pump so I could re-purpose one of my stock 400lb bags for more goofy weight. I ran 1,100 starboard, 20% port, the 400 bag on the cooler seat, center full and 650 ibs running around 11.5mph with the flow on #2. I need to go back out and run it this way without the flow deployed to see what the results are for comparison.

Here I am with one of my 4 year olds so you get an idea of the size of the wake: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzv5gi0zn2pq5yg/file%20may%2002%2C%2011%2057%2032%20pm.jpeg?dl=1

Here were some other pics I took in burst mode of the wake:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n4ul7lz4mlv1fyr/AADZYqvsJMitH3tzoDX9Nn82a?dl=0

kriley
05-18-2015, 07:30 AM
I just had the flow installed and have tried many settings over the last two weekends. What I found for the goofy side is 800 pounds and 600 pounds on regular side, center ballast full and ibs full - with the flow in the second notch. I did put three kids on the drivers side. I had a very tall steep wake. I have found that the less weight I add the better the wake was - Speed was tried from 10.6 to 11 no real difference - wake plate was between 1/2 and 1/4. I will post pictures shortly.
The regular side I had more weight - 900 pounds and then 500 pounds on goofy side with the plate the same and speed the same - Not as tall but real real good push - a long wave.

I will post pics later. At first I was very disappointed but after trying many different settings I found roughly what we wanted - still need to spend more time with ballast weights to really dial it in. Hope this helps...

parrothd
05-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Sounds like you can't run to much weight and you still need to swap ballast to switch sides. And then wave is just OK, but not as good with regular ballast...?

Woody929
05-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Sounds like you can't run to much weight and you still need to swap ballast to switch sides. And then wave is just OK, but not as good with regular ballast...?

The one thing I was told when I purchased the flow was that the LSV likes weight for a good surf wave. Here are the notes that I was given by my dealer on it, and how I started with mine
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjxyejjfjuibz8h/flow%20surf%20system.pdf?dl=1

canadaair
05-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Any pics or videos of lsv wake with flow? Today I went out on water with my ghetto gate and wave looked good. I will try and post some pics later. I did not surf as ice only went off lake a week ago. Big negative with the diy devices is where to put them when not surfing.

kriley
05-19-2015, 10:07 AM

Goofy side with flow