PDA

View Full Version : Opinions - sling shot space pickle?

c h r i s
05-11-2015, 08:06 PM
New owner of a mojo and Need my first board, ideally one that I will keep for all beginners once I've progressed from it. Pretty good deal on them at Sierra trading post.

Thanks in advance.

brain_rinse
05-11-2015, 08:14 PM
I love Slingshot wakeboards, but have no experience with their surfers. If you do decide to buy one this may be a good option for you: http://blemboard.com/collections/wakesurfers/products/2014-slingshot-space-pickle-46-wakesurfer

millerda68
05-16-2015, 11:10 PM
Mine was delivered Thursday. Opened it up when I got home yesterday. Not a ding or mark on it anywhere. A little larger than what I was using last summer. Considerably lighter than the CWB board. Popped all 4 fins in and am just waiting to get out on the water. I am home for a couple weeks, so hoping to get out for a test run.

c h r i s
05-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Which size did you get Millerda? And what size are you? I'm 6'2" and 230lbs so I'm having trouble nailing down a first board that won't be huge for everyone else down the line.

Whitey
05-18-2015, 11:08 PM
Bought the 5' slingshot space pickle tried it out today huge upgrade over CWB ride. Saw it recommended on the forum gave it a shot. We don't have a lot of riding experience, but worked well.

mmandley
05-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Which size did you get Millerda? And what size are you? I'm 6'2" and 230lbs so I'm having trouble nailing down a first board that won't be huge for everyone else down the line.

He got the 5.0

I also picked up a 5.0 to replace my normal board board for everyone who doesn't have their own.
6.2 and 230 you would want the 5.0 partly due to weight but mostly so your not as crowded on the board. Being 6.2 you have a wide leg span and you will find a slightly longer board, 5.0 vs 4.6 will be easier to ride. They no longer have the 5.0 but last I checked they had the 4.6 so you might grab it before its gone for that price.

I will post up my thoughts once we ride, I expect that to be this weekend

c h r i s
05-19-2015, 04:02 PM
I ended up going with the O'Brien haze based on some reviews I was able to find. $210 seemed like a decent price based on other websites listings.