PDA

View Full Version : New Exile System Questions/Thoughts

bcline2012
05-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Guys,

I am working on installing a new Exile system in my '05 LSV. I am wondering if the electrical and audio diagrams provided by Exile are sufficient wiring for the job ahead. I am not a total newbie when it comes to wiring and electrical work but want to ask as many questions as I can!

I plan on using

A sub and amp I have lying around for the time being
Digital sounds 12" sub (Will upgrade)
Digital sounds 2 channel amp (don't know the numbers)(Will upgrade)
Exile XM15.4 - 800W 4CH
Exile SX65-M (6)
Kicker tower speakers (Will upgrade)
Exile Zone Controller MKII - KIT

I plan on using the wiring harnesses that Exile (Pro-X Main Power Kit) has unless anyone has any better wiring and distribution blocks they prefer or are better on the pocket. What size or "Perko" switch would I need for two batteries?

I have already stripped the rear four speakers and sub but will place in for before and after pictures if yall would like to see them. They were on my phone that I lost on a bachelor party...opps...

Brianinpdx
05-17-2015, 01:48 AM
BC - There are many ways to wire your stereo. The pro Main kit is a 0 gauge cable kit designed to be used as the backbone of your wiring system. Starting with a 0 ga ring terminal, then to a master fuse block, then terminating into 4 ga distribution blocks. Then depending on how many amplifiers you have in the system you'll use either the cabin / sub or tower kits to connect that gear. If you need any help, give Exile a call at the 800# and they can walk you thru the setup, questions and tuning of all the gear.

-Brian