PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light Coming On – 2013 Moomba Mojo

uniwarking
05-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Last year I started to see the engine light come on, usually soon after getting out on to the water. In a few instances my speed/RPM’s would be limited. Temp, oil pressure and voltage all seemed to be fine. Oil level, v-drive and transmission all were good. No unusual sounds, vibrations or unusual conditions. I am always able to clear it by turning the engine off, setting the Perko switch from battery 1 to off and then to batter 2. The dealer wasn’t able to find any codes stored last year. It’s happened on both outings so far this year. Both batteries have full charge and appear to be working just fine. Once it’s cleared, engine runs excellent. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

mmandley
05-11-2015, 01:33 PM
I was having this issue in 13 and 14 at the start of the year, dealer said the same thing, no codes.

Last year the only thing they ever found was a lose connection. It was the 2 small connectors in the cubby. he said one was a little loose. They look like end of the line connections that you plug a device into it but that's what he said was causing the issue.

I had no other CEL and when we went out Sunday everything was fine.

uniwarking
05-11-2015, 02:28 PM
I will let my dealer know I'm still having this issue and I may sweep through the boat and look for any loose connections as well. Glad to know I'm. It the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
05-11-2015, 03:24 PM
If nothing else might be worth giving AWS a call, ask for Jeremy Sprigg and mention my boat, I am sure he can get you more info on exactly what they did when fixing my CEL and my Wake Plate.

uniwarking
05-26-2015, 01:35 PM
I went through the boat and checked all connections, tightened things up... No issues since then... Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk