PDA

View Full Version : 2004 lsv centre ballast not emptying - help

jwboat
05-09-2015, 04:51 PM
I just picked up a 2004 mobious lsv, looks great and can't wait to get out on the lake with it. When I took it for a water test last week I checked to see if the ballast filled. All three filled and I assumed they would empty. When I got home there was still water in the centre ballast. I can hear the motor run when it fills but nothing when switched to empty. It looks like there is a pump attached to the drain but the wiring is not connected to anything. I tried to follow the wiring from the switch but I lose it behind some covers. Before I try to re-wire anything is the pump that fills the centre ballast reversible? Just wondering if it is a problem with a reversible pump or should I try and run wire to the pump attached to the drain. Yes pictures would help I'll try and get some posted.
Thanks

wolfeman131
05-09-2015, 05:47 PM
On that year boat, from the factory there was a single pump to fill (flow to specific bag directed via a manifold with sprinkler valves) and a pump per bag to empty.

brad460
05-09-2015, 08:19 PM
I've got the same boat..few things you could check easily- wiring on the back of the switch and the fuse. I had a pump going bad and it kept blowing fuses until one day it finally died. If ok, check voltage at the pump and if you have voltage you know the pump is bad.

Lastly, if the fuse is ok, wiring on the switch is ok but no voltage the switch could be bad (had that issues once)..

I have the floor pulled out of mine right now as I just replaced the steering cable and carpet- I will take a look at the wiring tomorrow to check the routing for you.

Btw- the empty pump is the pump you will see just inside the ski locker and as explained above there is one fill pump under the transmission which feeds the manifold on top of the trans.

jwboat
05-09-2015, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the help. I am guessing when it was winterized the bags were taken out and the connecting wire got pulled back somewhere. This is the pump with nothing connected. So brad460 any help on where the wire would possibly run would be great.

brad460
05-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Ok - yep unplugged. I will get a better picture tomorrow but here is a picture I took last fall when I pulled up the floor. The thinnest wire coiled around I think is the pump harness..you may be able to reach up with your hand and find it..I'll confirm in the morning..

brad460
05-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Sorry..can't pull the cover off the boat to check the routing.. We're getting rain storms today and my boat is being stored outside while our new house is being built..

kaneboats
05-11-2015, 05:33 AM
Did you vote for Scott Walker?

moombadaze
05-11-2015, 07:04 AM
its probably right in the area, just feel around and i bet you find it

brad460
05-15-2015, 10:30 PM
Did you vote for Scott Walker?

3x so far ...

kaneboats
05-16-2015, 12:17 AM
3x so far ...

Well, I'll send you our extra pumps if it will help. You are deserving of all the help you can get.

brad460
05-16-2015, 07:05 AM
Well, I'll send you our extra pumps if it will help. You are deserving of all the help you can get.

I am not the one who needs pumps, but with the extra money I have from my lower property taxes (thanks to Scott Walker) I could buy the gentleman above all new pumps...

brad460
05-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Interesting why politics was brought into this service discussion...6 years in here that is a first :confused:

I do love a good political discussion but I don't come here for that..

kaneboats
05-16-2015, 11:00 AM
My fault. Usually avoid it on here for the obvious reasons. But, I have extra pumps and was trying to decide if I would send the guy a couple. That's why I asked the question. If he gave the wrong answer I would not want to send him anything-- would send the wrong message.

jwboat
05-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Back to the original problem, I've reached up there as far as my skinny arm will go and can't find anything. It looks like the wires from the switch go in front and under the drivers seat. I guess I'm going to have to take off either the bow seat or floor to find it, any recommendations as to which way to go? Kind of strange if would get that far out of reach.