PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with cover on?

Kidder522
05-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Hey everyone. in the fall I bought an 07 LSV with the snap on bow and cabin covers. I am taking it on an hour and a half drive today, so I am wondering if I should leave the covers on or off. Manual indicated off; but previous threads some said on. There are two poles as well, so if it is ok with covers on, should I leave poles in or not.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thank you.

Richard

wolfeman131
05-09-2015, 08:58 AM
You will get answers saying to do both. It's another of the great debates on this forum.

My opinion is to pull them off.

tater
05-09-2015, 10:30 AM
No matter how far I travel,cover is off unless its raining,but you have the snap cover so thats a little different, i would use the cover with the poles but would be worried if the snaps might rip tough call, Good Luck

996scott
05-09-2015, 10:59 AM
you should have no trouble traveling with a snap down cover at all as long as it fits well. I have used snap covers for 15 plus years and always traveled with it on no matter how long the distance. Never had one problem. As far as the poles go I'm not sure what you are referring to. I've seem some that have an extendible pole for the bow to push the cover up in the middle so if it rain the water doesn't pool up and it just runs off (kind of like a tent). If you have one for the bow and one for the middle of the boat i would not use those while towing, just if you store it outside in case it rains.

parrothd
05-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Oh no.. Here we go again..

wolfeman131
05-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Oh no.. Here we go again..

Want to talk about oil & tower speakers, too?

Blueliner
05-09-2015, 02:03 PM
I have the snap covers, done both on and off at highway speeds. If the weather is nice and the floor and other parts are wet it might help air out / dry everything off.

Kidder522
05-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys for all your input. Took it off to Edmonton. No problems. Cooler seat was 1/2 off when I arrived, that was one of my real concerns. Yes. I have the extendable poles to keep the rain from pooling. Still unsure of my 12 hour trip to Manitoba this summer.

Parrothd, sorry to awake the dead, but needed some opinions since this type of covers are new to me. ��

Thanks again everyone.

Richard

kaneboats
05-10-2015, 01:41 AM
You will find the factory tells you not to tow with the snap covers on. That's pretty safe. It could blow off, blind another vehicle, etc. What would you advise if you ran the company? But, you will also find hundreds of folks on here who do it and never have an issue. Yea, you might have a snap pop up on the front of the bow. So what? My rule is that in good weather I try to leave everything open and let sun/air dry everything out. As it gets worse and I am driving slower anyway, I like to keep it covered up, even with just the 2 factory snap covers. Good luck!