PDA

View Full Version : Trailering Boat With XM's On Or Off?

jstenger
05-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Do you guys take your XM's off when you trailer your boat long distances?

motosno963
05-07-2015, 09:06 PM
i do it off.. its to easy to throw them on and off

mmandley
05-07-2015, 09:08 PM
We trailer up to 200 miles, so basically as long as we are staying in the local area of our boating.

When we traveled long distance we take them down.

I generally leave mine on all season unless we go someplace I am worried about theft.

tater
05-07-2015, 10:31 PM
Always take mine off when traveling and at home so they dont get stolen,real easy to take them on and off at the ramp and keeps all the bugs off when traveling,one of the reasons i bought them,the ease of taken them down when needed.

mmandley
05-08-2015, 12:04 AM
Always take mine off when traveling and at home so they dont get stolen,real easy to take them on and off at the ramp and keeps all the bugs off when traveling,one of the reasons i bought them,the ease of taken them down when needed.

Yup you are correct, I tighten mine down do you need the tool to remove them. I found that removing the 6 I have isn't bad but then storing them is a pain. With the PNW being damp in the AMs It caused the speakers to leave wet spots on the floor, also over time the chrome on the grills would start to discolor from being wet all the time.

I have issues with removing them from the boat each time because the more you move them the more of a chance to drop one.

jester
05-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Most of the time I keep them on the tower. I mean who wants a naked tower when you can show off great speakers. The road is not much worse then the lake. You still get bugs hitting them. For longer tows I look at the distance and the roads.

rdlangston13
05-08-2015, 12:56 PM
When I use storage where I have to fold the tower I take them down, If i am using storage where I can keep the tower up, I leave them up. I don't worry about bugs hitting them, they have covers for that. I am sure they produce extra wind drag trailer though I am not sure how much of a difference it makes fuel wise. Like Mike, the biggest part of taking them down is find someplace to put them.

moombadaze
05-08-2015, 06:38 PM
I take them and the wake board racks an offfor long tows

bergermaister
05-08-2015, 10:01 PM
On for short trips (< 1 hour)

Off for long trips

Hand tight they tend to swivel around a bit so I always wrench down when they're on the tower.