PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mondo Wet Sounds

bluice311
05-04-2015, 09:42 AM
I finally got around to finishing my "winter" project. We started on it last Friday night and should have it finished up today. We ordered the boat with just the basic audio package; 4 cabin speakers, no bow speakers, no tower speakers, no amps. Here is the upgrade list:

Amps: SD4 (tower) and SD6 (cabin)
Tower: Icon8 (4)
Cabin: XS-650 (6)
Wiring: T-Spec
Extras: 20' Blue LED Strips

viking
05-04-2015, 09:47 AM
NICE.....that's a lot of RCA's you got there!

bluice311
05-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Thinking ahead and running a couple of spares for a sub/EQ (next winter upgrade). Since the Fusion head unit only has one RCA line-out we had to get a LOT of y's.

viking
05-04-2015, 11:49 AM
The amps also have pass through switch so you can run all channels off one line in. Basically only need 2 sets and a Y in your case no?

A WS420 might work well in your situation. One RCA in from fusion to EQ, then one RCA each to amp on each zone - in boats, towers, and sub. Just a thought

I have the SD6 running the 6 in boats (1pr on 1,2 and 2pr on 3,4) and sub. So I have channels 1-4 running off one line in and then a 2nd line in on 5-6 for the sub. If I upgrade to a 3rd amp I will just plug the sub RCA's into the new amp and change the setting on the amp to pass through and have dedicated channels for all 6 inboats.

bluice311
05-04-2015, 12:03 PM
Good to know! We are mounting/tuning the amps today so I'll see what my installer says. We just wanted enough connectors for any situation since distributor/warehouse is closed on the weekend. The WS-420 is exactly what I need next. I ordered the equipment during Wet Sounds Black Friday sale before we even ordered the boat. Now that we see how the Fusion unit works it won't have all the control we initially thought it would have.

Starting to come together!

viking
05-04-2015, 12:17 PM
I ordered the equipment during Wet Sounds Black Friday sale before we even ordered the boat.

That's funny - did the same thing!!
did you get the RGB xs650's?

bluice311
05-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Nice! It sure was a great deal!

Nah, we just went with all black. Made it look like a bigger speaker being all black instead of the translucent or silver cone. We did get the lit Moomba logo from the factory but we have been installing 2-3' blue LED strips above all the speaker/cup holder pockets.

bluice311
05-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the suggestion on the RCA's! We were getting some strange feedback using the y's and we had never seen that Source Input Selection on previous amps. Changed the source, removed the y's, and problem solved! Finally finished at 2am so we didn't get a chance to photograph all the finished products but here is a preview; LED's doubling as a work light...

viking
05-05-2015, 01:08 PM
No Prob! Looks like your taking a nap...........LOL

BrettLee3232
05-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Looks good man, what are you gonna do about bass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluice311
05-05-2015, 05:46 PM
For now, nothing. My money tree is a little bare LOL but that's why we left that extra space on the amp board. Planning on an SD2 with an XS-XXX next winter.

bluice311
05-12-2015, 10:23 AM
We had a TON of rain last week (10-11") so it delayed everything. Luckily the shop didn't flood but just put everything behind. My installer posted all of the build pictures so here are a few highlights.

We tried to match the moquetta vinyl for the amp boards plus added LED's under each amp.

The Aviator bimini and the size of the ICON8 enclosures caused us to change our mounting locations, but I'm liking the staggered look for a change.

We tuned it the best we could in an enclosed steel building. Next step is to tune it on the water...as soon as the ramps/docks are visible again.

yukon2007
07-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Hi, I too have the Mondo with the Aviator tower. I ordered it with the basic stereo as yourself. I added some MTX amps, a sub and will be adding two Roswell tower speakers. The tower is prewired for audio down to the port side and the lights down on the starboard side. Are the wires coiled up in the boat behind the speakers or do they terminate at the helm for lights or where the amps would be installed on port side for audio? I have schematics from Roswell and know the wire colors. Roswell does not know where they terminate. I tried calling Skiers Choice but their tech guy is on holidays. Can you remember where they were from the install or anyone on this forum know where the wires terminate from the tower for audio and lights?

Thanks in advance.

thanks