PDA

View Full Version : Boat won't fire off

CLAYTO
05-03-2015, 03:31 PM
My boat was winterized last fall and this is the first time I took it out this year. Backed it in the water and tried to start it but nothing. It would turn over but just not fire. I changed the spark plugs and still the same result. The gas had been stabilized last fall. So I don't think its bad gas. Not sure if it's a fuse or something else. I am stumped, please help!

newty
05-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Engine kill lanyard? It allows the motor to turn over but won't start.

DOCDRS
05-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Throttle not in neutral?

kaneboats
05-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Sometimes you have to go back to basics. Ignition, carbueration (or FI), compression. Most of the time the issue lies in a lack of fuel or air flow or a simple thing that prevents you from getting spark. Usually you want to determine which one it is and then start troubleshooting systems till you figure out why. No different than a snowblower, dirtbike, generator or your lawnmower.

ranger098
05-06-2015, 01:16 PM
You should be able to take the intake cover off and ensure fuel is flowing... easy way to eliminate gas as the problem

mmandley
05-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Another way to eliminate fuel delivery or quality is use a spray bottle. Spray some into the carb, start the boat and keep spraying it. Stays running your fuel system is the issue.