PDA

View Full Version : 15 moomba mondo - adding Bow Speaker

bstussie
04-30-2015, 10:46 AM
just picked up a 2015 Mondo and it did not have any speakers in the bow and wanted to see if anyone knew what brand the stock speakers were if I wanted to keep it stock or had any recommendations based on prior experiences.

nitrodude24
04-30-2015, 01:36 PM
I just picked up our 2015 Mojo and I didn't order bow speakers either. The speakers are kicker km65 I ordered my from hifisoundconnection. If you are adding an amp the wiring is already there in the compartment behind the observers seat. I would recommend getting an amp as the head unit is located under the helm and this is where all the wires are for the speakers located in the mid ship seating area. I built an amp rack and tied in to the factory bow speaker wiring and port side factory wiring but ran new speaker wiring across to the factory starboard speaker wires behind the headunit.

bstussie
04-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Thanks I just ordered the kicker km654 with the built in led lights!

I looked this evening and i did see thespeaker wire already in place in the bow, would it be as easy as plug n play of I go without adding a amp?

MLA
04-30-2015, 09:54 PM
You cannot effectively drive 3 pairs of speakers off a head-unit. A 4 chnl amp is the way to go. Also, you will need a small gauge 4 conductor run to each speaker for the LEDs and an RGB controller. The LEDs do not work off the audio leads.

mark540
04-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Phone line works well for the conductor wire MLA describes. I ran phone line ofr all my leds.

bstussie
04-30-2015, 11:10 PM
I did pick up the remote at same time so should be good with rgb controller

I have never been good with the audio stuff so I really appreciate the help

I have a 2 channel kicker amp installed and I assume that is running my 2 Roswell tower speakers

any recommendations on 4 channel amps should I stick with kicker brand

would that 4 channel run all 3 pairs of speakers (2 stock and additional in bow)

mark540
04-30-2015, 11:40 PM
Yeah the amp is for the Roswells. I would get a Kicker kxm400.4. Run the cabin speakers, on one set of outputs, 4 total in parallel, basically 2 speaker outputs on the left and 2 on the right. Run the bow off the other channel. They do it that way from the factory.

BrettLee3232
04-30-2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks I just ordered the kicker km654 with the built in led lights!

I looked this evening and i did see thespeaker wire already in place in the bow, would it be as easy as plug n play of I go without adding a amp?

Also note that the stock speakers do not have LEDs but I just ordered some 70mm angel eye LEDs to retrofit my speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLA
05-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Phone line works well for the conductor wire MLA describes. I ran phone line ofr all my leds.

To further expand on this, just make sure its stranded conductor, not solid.

Yes, the Kicker KXM400.4 Class-D marine amp is a perfect choice.

BrettLee3232
05-01-2015, 02:01 PM
To further expand on this, just make sure its stranded conductor, not solid.

Yes, the Kicker KXM400.4 Class-D marine amp is a perfect choice.

Mike, what's wrong with solid?

bstussie
05-01-2015, 03:50 PM
I posted earlier but did not see my reply so lets try again,

I did order the Kicker KXM400.4 but have a question on install

since Fusion only has 1 output would the connection go

from fusion radio to existing 2 channel amp, then take the output from 2 channel to a RCA splitter and then to the AMP1 and AMP2 input on the new 4 channel?

MLA
05-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Mike, what's wrong with solid?

It will break. Solid conductor is not intended for mobile uses as its not flexible.

MLA
05-01-2015, 03:56 PM

from fusion radio to existing 2 channel amp, then take the output from 2 channel to a RCA splitter and then to the AMP1 and AMP2 input on the new 4 channel?

Any tech support from the retailer?

BrettLee3232
05-02-2015, 01:49 AM
It will break. Solid conductor is not intended for mobile uses as its not flexible.

Good to know, thanks Mike!

bstussie
05-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Any tech support from the retailer?

sorry will seek local help

philwsailz
05-04-2015, 10:21 AM

Does the existing Kicker amp have a pre-amp output? Which amp is it, can you tell? If it is one with a preamp out that is the best way to get signal to the KXM400.4. Otherwise, a set of y-cords will be needed to split the head unit signal to both amps. On the KXM400.4 there is a switch that allows a sinle set of RCA cables to drive all channels of the amp. On the FADER switch, simply push th button to the IN position instead of OUT.

I would have responded sooner, but somehow I did';t see this thread til this morning.
any questions, just holler

Phil
Kicker

philwsailz
05-04-2015, 10:33 AM
Digging on my data, I believe you have a Kicker KX200.2 driving the tower speakers. Sound right? If so there is for sure an output on the KX200.2 for driving an additional amp. So, yes, just run an RCA cable from teh output of the KX200.2 to the AMP1 input of the KXM400.4.
FADER button in....
That should get you genning,...

Phil
Kicker

bstussie
05-04-2015, 11:07 AM
I tried to upload a picture but it did not come through... take a peak @ my drawing (feel Free to laugh, I am a visual guy)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9dgv4on41j9gvr5/2%20amp%20install.jpg?dl=0

brain_rinse
05-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Good pic, and that will work. I think you'll be happier if you installed a line driver to get the preamp voltage up though. Kicker's dual zone control would be an easy solution.

Edit: here is your pic

bstussie
05-04-2015, 11:38 AM
thanks for the info guys... I am more of a visual person and tried to post a picture or link and they said it would post pending approval but never saw them so maybe try it this way
add

www.

to the begining of the link below to see a very Rough (feel free to laugh) sketch of what i though i needed to do )

dropbox.com/s/9dgv4on41j9gvr5/2%20amp%20install.jpg?dl=0

philwsailz
05-06-2015, 10:51 AM
There is no need for the item in your picture you have labelled SPLITTER. The amp provides for that functionality. Just set the FADER button to is OUT position on the KXM400.4

Phil
Kicker

bstussie
05-06-2015, 11:35 AM
awesome thanks... speakers & controller showed up yesterday and 4 channel amp will be here today so if there is good weather I will give it a shot this weekend!

thanks again for the help!