PDA

View Full Version : Mem. Day in Sierras

gotmyboat
05-31-2006, 12:38 AM
Woke up Saturday morning and looked out to find an inch of snow outside the motorhome. The water was flat, so of course we went skiing. Air temp 34, water temp 58, perfect conditions.

See Ed, some of us are HARDCORE skiers. :)

Smrtz
05-31-2006, 12:47 AM
Now that is hard core!!!

gotmyboat
05-31-2006, 01:46 AM
The good news was that the weather got progressively better through the weekend. By Monday it was sunny and 70. We had a great trip, and my wife is falling in love with the boat. She made the coment that boating is "a lot less work than I thought it would be." She was aprehensive about my purchase because our friends had always seemed to insert drama into boating experiences. Common sense and good preparation makes boating a true pleasure. So far we have 3 trips on the water without any issues or damage. I heave learned a lot from reading this board, which has helped me to prepare. I can now pull up to a dock like a pro, and my wife drove the boat on the trailer yesterday without any permanent damage. She did transfer some white from the Moomba logo off the boat guide to the rub rail (a little slower and straighter next time, Honey.) Luckily no one was at the ramp to hear me yelling REVERSE, REVERSE, REVERSE. :)

Happy boating to all,

Dave

JoeTechie
05-31-2006, 02:11 AM
I need to show this pic to the friends I bring on the boat that scream at the 76 degree water (air temp 85+) during the beginning of our Florida season in March!!!

More power to ya!

-Joe

Smrtz
05-31-2006, 02:13 AM
Those little marks are just permanent reminders to slow down and be very meticulous...I have them on mine too burns me every time.. nobody else can see them but I know they are there.. and those reminders are actually good things