PDA

View Full Version : WS420BT Question

mbusch5
04-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Curious if this is normal, but when I run my music through the head unit (Ipod w/usb) everything sounds great. When I connect direct to the WS420 it sounds as if I have bypassed the amps. It sounds like a stock stereo with no additional power added. Is this right? It tried with the ipod and an android phone.

My setup:
Syn 6 powering in boats and sub
Syn4 powering a pair of rev10s
everything goes through the 420.

KG's Supra24
04-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Is the volume up on the device? I assume plugging in through headphone jack?

viking
04-23-2015, 08:41 AM
I don't have the bluetooth version of the 420 but I have the BTVC add on. I've found you have to have the volume turned up all the way on the device and then volume all the way up on the BTVC as well. Or have the master volume on the 420 up quite a bit and then the volume on the BTVC can be used to adjust up/down.

mbusch5
04-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Is the volume up on the device? I assume plugging in through headphone jack?

It is through the headphone jack. Volume is up...there is a HUGE difference between going through the head unit and straight through the 420. I have things to try (thanks MLA) so hopefully I can improve it.

trayson
04-23-2015, 11:34 AM
It is through the headphone jack. Volume is up...there is a HUGE difference between going through the head unit and straight through the 420. I have things to try (thanks MLA) so hopefully I can improve it.

I am guessing that you're talking about adjusting the input gains on the 420? Or adding a line driver for the headphone input?