PDA

View Full Version : Ethynol

narcosis
05-28-2006, 12:14 PM
The only fuel in my area is 10% Ethynol right now, even at the marina dock. Will this hurn the fuel system on my 310hp carb engine? the owners manual says "don't use Ethynol", but I don't have a choice. Help.

05mobiusxlv
05-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Thats what my Moomba owners manual says as well. But my Indmar owners manual says that its ok to use it. Gas with Ethanol here has more octane, is cheaper, and I heard it helps if you get water in your tank. So I had my dealer call Skiers Choice and ask them if it was all right to use it. (just wanted to be safe incase I had warranty problems and it came back to haunt me) They said thats its fine to use it, and that they will update the owners manual for 2006.

If I were you I would do the same. I have a 2005 XLV with the 325 MPI engine. And I don't know if my dealer specified that I had the fuel injection.

lowdrag
05-29-2006, 03:47 PM
It's fine to use 10% ethanol fuel, but there are a few things about it that will make you want to change how you do things. Don't leave your boat for extended periods of time without a full tank. The ethanol in the fuel will pull moisture out of the air more than normal gas. If you have a half empty tank it will pull the moisture out of the empty space and give you some problems. If you're going to let it set for more than a couple of weeks without burning a tank of fuel, it's best to treat it with some sta-bil or heat. Also if you're using ethanol fuel, completely drain the tank to winterize or fill you tank with gas w/o ethanol at the end of the season.