PDA

View Full Version : PERFECT PASS OR NO?

TXZach
05-28-2006, 10:40 AM
The dealer said that the boats hold their speed really well and that perfect pass wasn't really nescessary. What do ya'll think? Also, how much should I expect to pay for it? Is the perfect pass wakeboard pro that much better?

Thanks again

Smrtz
05-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Not what I hear ..People say once you try it you can understand how you ever rode or skied, or surfed without it!

JoeTechie
05-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Anyone who says boats "hold their speed" - needs their head examined! Way too many factors to allow that to ever occur. Unless the boat dealer is talking about boats in the vacuum of space ? Question everything else this person says.

Now, can you get away with basic cruise control ?- probably. it is good for higher speeds, not so great for wakeboarding.

But I can attest to what everyone has said before me (and I listend too) - Perfect Pass makes pulling a skier/boarder/tuber/surfer a much more enjoyable experience.

-J

shinknasty
05-30-2006, 08:13 AM
i just bought a 06 outback v without perfect pass and has less then 10 hours on it and i regret not puting it on when i bought it that will be the first thing i get put on when i have it service this week

lowdrag
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
One thing that I've really noticed since I got my new boat with PP that I don't hear mentioned much and that is safety. It really lets you pay a lot more attention to your rider and what's in front of you. You really don't notice until you use it, but you don't have your attention divided nearly as much from constantly looking down to make sure you're maintaning a constant speed.

smokedog2
05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
yep, safe, easy and very nice to have.

pjtatro
05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Find a new dealer. They ovbiously do not understand what these boats are for. PP is the way to go.

Pete

YellowMoomba0
05-31-2006, 12:09 AM
No Perfect Pass on an 80's (narrow) Nautique was hard enough in the course at 34 mph. Actually, without PP the course speeds vary from 31 to 35 and you only hope you average 34. Trying it with a 95" wide Outback and a 220lb skier running 28 off requires a professional driver. I am not a pro. Perfect Pass is the only way to go and I certainly would not trade mine. I will never own another Moomba without it. www.perfectpass.com sells them along with tons of other dealers. Digital Pro is the most expensive at $1,295.00 There are options like the switch / and or foot pedal which I dont have nor do I think I have a need for. Then again I have never tried these options..... I have never really noticed any price wars out there. Im not sure but PP may set the prices. Either way, get it. Good Luck and have fun.

wakeboard dad
06-01-2006, 08:10 AM
I agree with what's been said - find another dealer. Once you have it you'll wonder how you ever drove a boat without it. It pays for itself in ease of operation and enjoyment for everyone on the boat.

Wolf-
06-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by shinknasty

i just bought a 06 outback v without perfect pass and has less then 10 hours on it and i regret not puting it on when i bought it that will be the first thing i get put on when i have it service this week

I'm with shinknasty on this one. I'll rectify the 2 regrests I've had this fall and spring..

1. Didn't buy the cleats (a boat without cleats????)
- Will recitfy in the fall if I can stand it that long.
2. Didn't buy perfect pass.
- Will rectify this winter/spring.

Wolf-
06-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by YellowMoomba0

No Perfect Pass on an 80's (narrow) Nautique was hard enough in the course at 34 mph. Actually, without PP the course speeds vary from 31 to 35 and you only hope you average 34. Trying it with a 95" wide Outback and a 220lb skier running 28 off requires a professional driver. I am not a pro. Perfect Pass is the only way to go and I certainly would not trade mine. I will never own another Moomba without it. www.perfectpass.com sells them along with tons of other dealers. Digital Pro is the most expensive at $1,295.00 There are options like the switch / and or foot pedal which I dont have nor do I think I have a need for. Then again I have never tried these options..... I have never really noticed any price wars out there. Im not sure but PP may set the prices. Either way, get it. Good Luck and have fun.

As an aside, I've found (IMHO) that the quality of USAWS drivers has dropped off considerably. While we are getting more consistant runs, thanks to technology, the drivers themselves are not the same as those 15 years ago. The advantage in the consumer market is that folks can actually get a near tournament level run in a rec environment.

And, get a new dealer!

smokedog2
06-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Bring one of those fascy wakesurf boards to Rocky Fork the next time you are in Cinci and I'll show you what cleats are for! :p

SD2

smokedog2
06-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I live by “dynamic scheduling” but when you know you are coming out drop me a line.

I’m either booked three months out, or 30 minutes – not much in the middle :p

I look forward to it.

SD2