PDA

View Full Version : best white vinyl cleaner

Ironcross25
04-15-2015, 08:34 AM
need a cleaner to deep clean my vinyl. I love white but hate cleaning it. looking for something that gets it all out if possible. oxy clean? thanks

Whitey
04-15-2015, 09:32 AM
The best I've used is performance boat candy vinyl cleaner. My white vinyl is bright white after I use it. It's great at getting out stains also. Sign up for the newsletter and get a discount. They run discounts a lot on their products. I've used speed gloss, vinyl cleaner and vinyl condition. They are all excellent products. No relation to the business just found they have good products.

parrothd
04-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Totally awesome cleaner dollar store.. ;)

Worlds22SSV
04-15-2015, 10:58 AM
I think I have used everything, last year I got the Boat Bling vinyl sauce, the absolute best I have ever seen. I was truly amazed at how white it turned the vinyl, pretty much without even scrubbing.

trayson
04-15-2015, 12:00 PM
This is also worth a try
http://www.boatersplus.com/images/thumbnails/280/280/product/45/6403534.jpg

viking
04-15-2015, 04:17 PM
nothing beats MALCO for the deep clean. Follow it up with 303 protectant. Be warned you do a cushion or part of it you don't realize how dirty things really are and end up doing the whole boat. So if that wasn't your plan don't say I didn't tell you so!

For everyday use I stay with Boat Babes, Boat Bling, or Performance Boat candy products (or comparable).

parrothd
04-15-2015, 04:37 PM
Malco works great but LA totally awesome is a $1 and works almost as well.

Malco is really pricey and the fumes makes me cough....

Gettin' It
04-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Babes Blue Cleaner has always done amazing for me

csm
04-15-2015, 05:25 PM
I use Totally Awesome at the beginning of each year, and it's pretty amazing. For everyday cleaning after a day on the lake, I use Babe's seat soap, and seat saver.

cfdrews12
04-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Ok,

I'm going to throw everyone a curve ball based on recent research I've done. I've been on lots of Mastercraft, Supra, and Malibu forums lately because I've got to get some of my Vinyl replaced this year. What I've found out is that all of our cleaners and UV protectants are simply not replacing and treating our Vinyl correctly. Vinyl is an oil based product. Yet we are only putting cleaners and protectants on top, not treating it. So we need to be putting back some oil into the vinyl to refresh it, clean it, and make it supple like when its new.

So here is the deal. Lots of people are starting to use mineral spirits or mineral oil. Spirits have a cleaner in it as well and works amazing. I know, your shaking your head. so was I. I've only tried on a couple of "test areas" so far and have to tell you its amazing. Brought back the seats to supple new like life, took off the stains, etc. Lots of folks are talking about baby oil as treatment to putting back the necessary oil in the vinyl to keep them soft and not hard/cracking over time. I followed up with a good vinyl conditioner like 303 or McGuire's. Babe's seat soap is suppose to be good and not harsh on vinyl as well. Do your own research, but I think I may be treating with Mineral spirits/oil first and then putting something down for UV protection.

I welcome others thoughts.

sivs1
04-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Ok,

I'm going to throw everyone a curve ball based on recent research I've done. I've been on lots of Mastercraft, Supra, and Malibu forums lately because I've got to get some of my Vinyl replaced this year. What I've found out is that all of our cleaners and UV protectants are simply not replacing and treating our Vinyl correctly. Vinyl is an oil based product. Yet we are only putting cleaners and protectants on top, not treating it. So we need to be putting back some oil into the vinyl to refresh it, clean it, and make it supple like when its new.

So here is the deal. Lots of people are starting to use mineral spirits or mineral oil. Spirits have a cleaner in it as well and works amazing. I know, your shaking your head. so was I. I've only tried on a couple of "test areas" so far and have to tell you its amazing. Brought back the seats to supple new like life, took off the stains, etc. Lots of folks are talking about baby oil as treatment to putting back the necessary oil in the vinyl to keep them soft and not hard/cracking over time. I followed up with a good vinyl conditioner like 303 or McGuire's. Babe's seat soap is suppose to be good and not harsh on vinyl as well. Do your own research, but I think I may be treating with Mineral spirits/oil first and then putting something down for UV protection.

Would love to see some before and after pics of this. I agree keeping it natural might be better and love the idea of my new vinyl looking new again.

pdhj1990
04-15-2015, 06:07 PM
I use Hula Boat Products - works great:

http://products.hulaboatcare.com

Good luck.

need a cleaner to deep clean my vinyl. I love white but hate cleaning it. looking for something that gets it all out if possible. oxy clean? thanks

brain_rinse
04-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Ok,

Solvents are on the "do not use" list, per the vinyl manufacturer.

VA LSV
04-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Totally Awesome works great and can't beat the price. Be sure to rinse well with clean water and then treat with 303. I used vinyl mildew and stain remover from Wal-Mart on my toon seats last spring and was amazed. Took all the stains off and left the vinyl nice and soft. Just can't bring myself to try it on the Moomba.

parrothd
04-15-2015, 08:29 PM
The nice thing is you can use it on everything, not just vinyl..

mmandley
04-16-2015, 01:31 AM
I too have used tons of things over the years to make the seats look new and keep them soft. Granted my boat stays indoors most of the season, also seats are covered with towels most of the time due to Oso, but I like Malco, and then 303. I use the totally awesome for stains but I don't like the feel of the seats after.

I am interested in this baby oil for keeping the seats soft but I also don't want them slippery. The sun deck is already slippery and is another reason we keep a towel on it for people entering and exiting.

uniwarking
04-17-2015, 02:49 PM
Solvents are on the "do not use" list, per the vinyl manufacturer.

I totally agree that mineral spirits is likely not a wise choice, however, the vinyl manufacturer should be far more clear in there wording as water is also a solvent and we know vinyl on a boat is constantly wet. I'm intrigued by the use of mineral oil, seems to be a pretty safe things to use... Even on butcher blocks food prep takes place.

I myself use PBC cleaner and conditioner and have used 303 and others in the past. I'd like to see some long term studies of how things like mineral oils would affect marine vinyl before I try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattl
04-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know which Finish/Topcoat the Moomba's have on them from Spradling (the vinyl maker)?