PDA

View Full Version : New 2000 Outback LS owner inquiries

simcoemoomba
05-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Recently purchased a 2000 Moomba Outback LS and took my first run today and have the following questions:

1. what is the top speed (I was able to max it out at 35 MPH)?

2. is there anyway to know when the ballast tanks are full? How long should it take?

3. Only have the trailer cover for the boat and looking for a better cover to put on when leaving the boat in the water over night. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Smrtz
05-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Congrats on your boat and welcome to the club!!

If you are looking for info on the top speed I suggest you check some of the other posts about this topic. Without the ballasts full you should be able to get to 40 mph I would think. and if your boat has a wake plate make sure that it is down this should give you a bit more top end. Just remember the boats are made for torque, not top speed!!

As for the Ballast tank question. You generally know they are full becaus eth the overflow will start flowing out the side of the boat ( they wont expanding until they burst or anything like that)

You might want to contact your local dealer about a snap down cover for the boat if you are leaving it in the water.

Enjoy your new boat!!

J