PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mondo Head Unit Location

yukon2007
04-13-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi, I'm going to be helping a buddy with his stereo build upgrade in his new 2015 Mondo. He bought some amps and a sub and ordered all of his wiring (lengths) based on the location of my head unit in my 2014 Mondo. He's now being told that the head unit in his 2015 Mondo is now all contained at the drivers side and not some of it on the passenger side. We measured the wire lengths based on the amps going to the unit at the glove box on the passenger side. My buddy called the dealer where he factory ordered the boat from and cannot get a definite answer as to the location of the main head unit. Can someone who has a 2015 Mondo confirm the location as to where we will be running the RCA's and speaker wires to for the new set up and some measurements. Is the main head unit on the drivers or passenger side? Also, if the main head unit is all on the drivers side is it possible to run the wires under the hull from the passenger side under the seating near the glove box to the drivers side or do we have to run the wires all around through the bow?
Given all of that could someone with a 2015 Mondo please provide us with some measurements if the head unit is all on the drivers side. Length from drivers side head unit through the bow and around to the glove box seating area. Im unable to get that as my boat is in storage and if he needs to order wire from Knuconcepts he can place the order ASAP.

Thanks

mark540
04-13-2015, 11:10 AM
My Mondo is not built yet, but the head unit on the 15's is at the drivers helm, it is a much smaller Fusion unit, so there is nothing in the glove box. Can't help on the length, but i assume the factory goes under the floor to get to the amps and not around the bow. This is just my thoughts, again my boat is not here yet, but i have gone over one at the dealer very thoroughly for upgrades i plan on doing.