PDA

View Full Version : Is there a device to pair One device to multiple head units?

BrettLee3232
04-11-2015, 02:33 AM
Would like to tie up and have a way to tie our music together.with multiple boats.

I know the cheap way is to run a 3.5mm splitter but I'm looking for a Bluetooth version. Anyone have this or have heard of it? Thanks!

jmvotto
04-11-2015, 07:24 AM
Here is some talk on ww.

WS has not come out yet and the jl needs 5 v.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803532

David Analog
04-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Certainly the forthcoming Wetsounds piece was designed for this purpose. Tough to beat wireless in this case.
For years we used a line driver with RCA or 3.5mm links or baluns with Cat5 cable. Any of which are fairly inexpensive disposable links since any hardwired link is prone to some abuse. Cat5 was really cheap and could get you longer spans.
The key is to have a source-shared master/slave relationship where the host has no volume control over the receivers. A line driver could support several long runs without too much gain loss. You could saturate some Aux inputs though so a PAC LC-1 could be used to moderate the voltage before the Aux input.

BrettLee3232
04-11-2015, 01:28 PM
That's exactly what I want/need! Any word on a release date?

liquid_acid
04-12-2015, 10:03 AM
I talked to WS about the alink last week. They said it will probably be released at the end of May.

BrettLee3232
04-13-2015, 01:59 AM
I talked to WS about the alink last week. They said it will probably be released at the end of May.

Ughhhh seems so late. Great weather is already here on the west coast haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk