PDA

View Full Version : Slalom course set up

Tkosleded
04-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Looking to setup a course at our lake lot seen lots but have no clue on how to set up , plus any distances for the buoys
Thx in advance for any info

From mooseknuckle sledding/wakeboard lodge

skiyaker
04-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Do you already own a course? Is it going to be permanent or will you need to remove it?

iwaterskihard
04-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Make sure you check local laws first. I've read LOTS of negative things about courses on public lakes and the IDIOTS who don't want them.

Tkosleded
04-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Where we are is not busy I think Iam the only big boat on the the lake and yes would have to take it down the lake freezes over our lake is 1 mile wide and 7 miles long Hence it's name long lake there is only 8 lakefront lots thanks I will check with the county on any rules

Just need to know how to anchor and distances ,length ,layout ,how do you measure on the water

skiyaker
04-11-2015, 10:31 AM
USA waterski has the official course dimensions here
http://usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/3event/Comp.Sldim.html

Easier thing to do would be to find a used course like this
http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Ski_Course&postid=30743

Ask around to any ski clubs in your area- they may have an old one they are not using. Most ski lakes I've been to have an old course or two laying around. The PVC pipes set up the buoy distances. Check out this site for more diagrams.
http://ez-slalom.com

You would have to have experience surveying to anchor the buoys individually- and that might not be your best option if you have to remove the course. most private lakes with individually anchored buoys survey the buoys before filling the lake.

Hope this helps. If you ever drive down I-69 in Indiana look me up and I'll show you ours.21803

Tkosleded
04-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Awesome thanks same to you ever come up near Edmonton Alberta same goes

EchoSkis
04-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Easiest way to do it is with a drop in course from insta-slalom or EZslalom. If your state/county requires a permit and you are unable to get one your only option would be a drop in course. You can drop it in and take it out each time you ski and in most states since it is temporary you do not need a permit. If you want to use individual anchors an easy way to do it is wait until winter. You can have a surveyor put flags on the ice and then cut holes and drop anchors through the ice.

jmvotto
04-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Skiyaker, you close to Angola, trine university area?

skiyaker
04-11-2015, 10:53 PM
About 1.5 hrs south of there- exit 245 half way between ft wayne and Indy

iwaterskihard
04-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Awesome thanks same to you ever come up near Edmonton Alberta same goes

Where do you ski at Tkosleded on a course? Shalom Park or Wizard? They were the only 2 courses I knew of right around Edmonton when we lived up there.

Tkosleded
04-12-2015, 12:52 PM
there is one on wabamun I like to try ,jackfish lake the odd time our lake lot is at long lake North of Edson so I would like to do it there but I will have to see how practical it will be good thing is our lake is always calm 21804

Mikey
04-19-2015, 05:44 PM
As someone kinda mentioned above in a thread if you buy a premade portable course the distances and bouy positions are basically set. All you do is unravel, set up poles for laterals , stretch out the lenght and then stretch tight and anchor. Not quite that simple , but that is the just of it. I was looking into sharing a course with others a few years ago, so i did a little research. Also look into bylaws , Canadian / provincial laws can vary quite a bit from US laws etc.

Tkosleded
04-19-2015, 10:44 PM
Thx really haven't had much time to get at it too busy finishing the cabin. And our showhome. At work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk