PDA

View Full Version : Signature pictures

brain_rinse
04-10-2015, 11:33 AM
Per the forum admin, signature pictures should now be temporarily enabled for all users. Same rules apply as with signature text.

slipperyrockTKE300
04-10-2015, 11:39 AM
Very cool. Thx for making this happen.

trayson
04-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Wow, did my feedback of the fact that only mods had sig pics actually spur on a change in the policy? I feel like such an instigator!

wolfeman131
04-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Wow, did my feedback of the fact that only mods had sig pics actually spur on a change in the policy?

No, not at all.

KG's Supra24
04-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Lube the scroll wheels ... thread lengths just grew.

trayson
04-10-2015, 12:09 PM
No, not at all.

Come on man, credit where credit is due...

I make this comment on 3/22, people start talking about it in the thread and now we have sig pics?
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?25827-Editing-post-time-thread&p=262014#post262014

The difference between 15 and 20 mins is neglidgeable. It doesn't matter enough to be worth the work to change it.

I advocate longer edit times, but don't care enough to challege the status quo.

I'd much rather use our efforts on something important, like upping the number of PM's available to be stored in your mailbox or getting the ability to have pictures on our signatures (well, for us 'common folk' because the moderators get pics on their sigs)...

KG's Supra24
04-10-2015, 12:16 PM
... and you put in all that work to add a washed out wave pic ... :p

dusty2221
04-10-2015, 12:18 PM
I'm so thankful I use mobile only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

trayson
04-10-2015, 12:19 PM

I liked the sunset. LOL. I'm sure I'll change it soon enough.

trayson
04-10-2015, 12:24 PM

*changed* No more washed out wave. just a happy family.

zabooda
04-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Looks like Trayson is working to be a moderator. Did you finish your quals? Lol. Nice addition to the posts as long as there isn't too much detail in the pics as it is hard to make out the details.

trayson
04-10-2015, 01:34 PM
Looks like Trayson is working to be a moderator. Did you finish your quals? Lol. Nice addition to the posts as long as there isn't too much detail in the pics as it is hard to make out the details.

LOL. I don't know if that will ever happen... I think increasing the PNW density on mods might be too scary. (and I mean that in all definitions of the word)

gregski
04-10-2015, 01:42 PM
Yeah, this is really unfortunate. I very much liked the minimal look of this forum without the sig pics.

slipperyrockTKE300
04-10-2015, 01:55 PM
"Yeah, this is really unfortunate. I very much liked the minimal look of this forum without the sig pics."

In fairness to all members on the forum, perhaps there should have been a poll to determine if sig pictures were to be allowed - before it happened.

I'd agree to remove mine while a poll was in progress.

trayson
04-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Yeah, this is really unfortunate. I very much liked the minimal look of this forum without the sig pics.

Well, it doesn't appear that you can turn off "just" the sig pics, but you can most certainly go into your display options and turn off sig's and similarly you can uncheck the box so you don't have to see avatars either... so you can get a really streamlined look by modifying your preferences.

trayson
04-10-2015, 01:58 PM
"Yeah, this is really unfortunate. I very much liked the minimal look of this forum without the sig pics."

In fairness to all members on the forum, perhaps there should have been a poll to determine if sig pictures were to be allowed - before it happened.

I'd agree to remove mine while a poll was in progress.

If the sig pics bother a person enough they can uncheck the sig box in their display preferences. (yeah it appears it would strip out the rest of the sig too, but it's an option none-the-less).

Doesn't bother me. I can scroll at hyperspeed with the best of them. Plus, I like the pretty pictures. Without pics, sometimes I get distrac----- LOOK SOMETHING SHINY!!!

gregski
04-10-2015, 02:10 PM
If the sig pics bother a person enough they can uncheck the sig box in their display preferences. (yeah it appears it would strip out the rest of the sig too, but it's an option none-the-less).
I think having boat model in the sig helps give context to messages i.e. "does this apply to me?" kind of thing.

I would like to have my cake and eat it too!

trayson
04-10-2015, 02:29 PM
I think having boat model in the sig helps give context to messages i.e. "does this apply to me?" kind of thing.

I would like to have my cake and eat it too!

Agreed. having just the "no sig pic" option in the forum software might be nice for some. At least they put max sizes on them that are pretty conservative. Been on forums where the sig pics look like the 800 wide stuff I post to the picture threads. nutty.

Completely agree on the context of boat model.

kaneboats
04-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Meh, it's one little pic. Not too hard to scroll through.

trayson
04-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Meh, it's one little pic. Not too hard to scroll through.

We've been scrolling through yours for years!!!!

This just leveled the playing field. Makes sense to me. let everyone (not just mods) have one, or take them away for all.

By the way, Kane, I just realized when I was scrolling through your sig pic, your trailer's missing 2 wheels...

kaneboats
04-10-2015, 02:52 PM
That allows me to push it around in my garage by hand. Gee, how many tires have you bought this year-- 8 ?????

trayson
04-10-2015, 03:10 PM
That allows me to push it around in my garage by hand. Gee, how many tires have you bought this year-- 8 ?????

4 purchased. 1 sold. 1 for sale. :-P

bergermaister
04-10-2015, 07:04 PM
let everyone (not just mods) have one, or take them away for all.

One of the few perks(?) for us having to put up with all yer guys shhhhhhcrap

trayson
04-10-2015, 07:13 PM
One of the few perks(?) for us having to put up with all yer guys shhhhhhcrap

You should have to pay extra for that.

sandm
04-10-2015, 08:35 PM

I think we're in the minority on this one, but I agree 100%. like the no pic sig look of this forum. know a few of the mods did, but more to scroll thru.

jmvotto
04-10-2015, 09:29 PM

Agreed, We really need two pics per post.

dusty2221
04-10-2015, 10:01 PM
I think we're in the minority on this one, but I agree 100%. like the no pic sig look of this forum. know a few of the mods did, but more to scroll thru.

I only browse on tapatalk, clean and simple. Victory!

bergermaister
04-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Phone only would require one to set down their whiskey to browse/post unless you're rally good with thumb surfing...?

viking
04-10-2015, 11:25 PM
This is a good cue for a moderator so start "phantom adjusting settings in some specific individual settings" overseeing some of the traffic :)
Oh DAMN. How come my signature pic keeps disappearing????

mmandley
04-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Bwahahaha and here I just shorten up my signature a couple weeks ago by taking all my stereo info out LOL.

zabooda
04-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Now you have a picture of it all in the signature....Lol.

Bwahahaha and here I just shorten up my signature a couple weeks ago by taking all my stereo info out LOL.

trayson
04-11-2015, 12:07 AM

That's because half your stereo stuff is gone...

Woody929
04-11-2015, 12:55 AM
I only browse on tapatalk, clean and simple. Victory!

Yep, I rarely use the computer to actually visit the forum. Im probably 99.5% Tapatalk

slipperyrockTKE300
04-11-2015, 07:18 AM
interesting that those who don't like sig pictures have one as an avatar.

How about a choice - a member either gets an avatar picture or a sig picture - but not both.

jmvotto
04-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Ed, my opinion, is why do we need two? . I like them , but two seems overkill to put some personality in ones posting .

slipperyrockTKE300
04-11-2015, 07:31 AM
I agree, JV! That's why I suggest either have an avatar OR a sig picture....plus put a limit on the amount of verbage in the signature.