PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Surfing

WhiskeyRunner
04-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Anyone know this dumba$$ or seen this video. Albeit he's a good surfer... what a stupid thing to do.

http://racecarthings.com/fearless-man-ghost-rides-his-boat-from-wakesurf/

mmandley
04-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Seen that a couple years ago, rumor is he has someone in the cubby hiding, I sure hope so at least LOL

sivs1
04-09-2015, 09:59 AM
crazy, cool how it shows you the versatility of wake boats though.

chadjitsu1
04-09-2015, 10:14 AM
If he fell he could easily swim and catch the boat. Not that risky. :)

996scott
04-09-2015, 11:29 AM
stupidest thing ever! No matter how good a surfer he is the potential of falling and then what????? There goes your $100K boat into the shore, if your lucky. If it plows into someone on the other side of the lake and kills them????? I've heard of people doing this but I just can't believe anyone is that stupid.:(

kaneboats
04-09-2015, 12:23 PM
There goes your $100K boat

Well, Daddy's boat anyway.

viking
04-09-2015, 01:00 PM
LOL..........is it me or does it always seems it's some dude ghost surfing behind a malibu?
Not saying anything good or bad about Malibus. Quite frankly I love the new 22VLX. But every video of these tools happens to be almost identical :)

bergermaister
04-10-2015, 01:25 AM
Ha - interesting observation.

My buddy has a Bu. I think I'll propose we do a ghost rider run this summer out on the east side of the river where it's wide open.

We'll have to plan it out over a couple (dozen) beers.

But the 'one-up manship' in me says we should wait til it's dark and fire up all the Leds.

That way after the chase boat runs over the surfer when he falls we'll be able to have a more clear view of the Bu smashing up onto the jagged rocks on the shore.

BrettLee3232
04-10-2015, 02:05 AM
I don't get how the boat is staying straight. My boat veeeeeeers to the right the moment you let go of the wheel lol although now that I think about it I've only let go when the Auto Flow was deployed LOL

kaneboats
04-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Malibu has autopilot in addition to PP. :cool:

trayson
04-10-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't get how the boat is staying straight. My boat veeeeeeers to the right the moment you let go of the wheel lol although now that I think about it I've only let go when the Auto Flow was deployed LOL

I would say auto-flow. I know that at times when I've been driving and had a person surfing, I've been able to completely let go of the wheel. And sit in the middle seat. And grab a drink. and take a nap...

mmandley
04-10-2015, 11:03 PM
My boat tracks straight when surfing. Only have 1 finger on the wheel.

I know my LSV required effort to keep it going straight.

The rudder on the LSV was staggered from the center of the prop.

On the Mojo its centered and this makes it track a lot better.

snyderaaron
04-11-2015, 07:38 PM
I always wondered if you had something connected to the kill switch, so if you did fall it would stop the boat. Kind of like when I fall on the treadmill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdhj1990
04-11-2015, 11:46 PM
One word ----- stupid!

Gabbyg88
04-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Classic example of more money then brains!

newty
04-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Mildly ruhtarded!

gregski
04-14-2015, 11:33 AM
I always wondered if you had something connected to the kill switch, so if you did fall it would stop the boat. Kind of like when I fall on the treadmill.
Like a guy hiding in one of the lockers? I'd bet that these guys always have someone hiding as a backup plan. It doesn't diminish the trick though - he still pulls off a solo drive and surf.

trayson
04-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Seen that a couple years ago, rumor is he has someone in the cubby hiding, I sure hope so at least LOL

Like a guy hiding in one of the lockers? I'd bet that these guys always have someone hiding as a backup plan. It doesn't diminish the trick though - he still pulls off a solo drive and surf.

I think it's brilliant. I mean, they posted that video two years ago and ya'all are still talking about it and it's got over 300,000 views on youtube. LMAO.

I laugh at all the comments of how stupid it is. Two years ago this was discussed to death with the conclusion that it's almost certain there was someone hiding as a failsafe.

I think it's awesome that they pulled it off and that it's got you guys talking about it two years later! hahaha!

BrettLee3232
04-14-2015, 11:54 AM
I think it's brilliant. I mean, they posted that video two years ago and ya'all are still talking about it and it's got over 300,000 views on youtube. LMAO.

I laugh at all the comments of how stupid it is. Two years ago this was discussed to death with the conclusion that it's almost certain there was someone hiding as a failsafe.

I think it's awesome that they pulled it off and that it's got you guys talking about it two years later! hahaha!

Agreed, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk