PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for Moomba 2003 Outback

Tatiana
04-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi everybody, I am absolutely new on this forum.
I am about to buy used Moomba 2003 Outback in SC which has to be transported to NJ.
The trailer for this boat is in poor shape I need to buy new or decent old one. Could you please recommend me what trailer I need for this boat,
and are there any dealerships that trade in old trailers in the vicinity of Spartanburg, SC or Charlotte NC?
Tatiana
Moomba 2003 Outback

kaneboats
04-07-2015, 01:24 PM
They can be hard to find. I suggest you post a classified ad on every forum you can think of. You would be looking for an ad like this one:

http://www.usedtrailersforsale.us/detail/Used-2003-boatmate-supra-or-mastrcraft/IIWQUkQizGcazaIaQUa.html

Tatiana
04-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Thanks Kaneboats.

supra_allegro_lane
04-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Are you gonna sell your existing trailer?

Tatiana
04-16-2015, 11:41 AM
Yes.I will sell it.

Wax
04-16-2015, 10:33 PM
My neighbor in MI might still have his double axle Supra trailer, if you wanted to go that far or have it brought to you. I think he was asking $1500 but would take a few hundred less, and he had the whole thing serviced so it's good to roll. PM me if that interests you and I could get his contact info to you.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Tatiana
04-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Thanks a lot Wax. This sounds good.
Before we go forward.
How much do you think it will cost to bring the trailer to SC/NC border?
I am in NJ it would be to much to go to MI, I pick up the boat at Spartanburg, SC.

kaneboats
04-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Let me know what you guys come up with. I have a guy headed this way from Chicago in a couple weeks that might be able to help.

supra_allegro_lane
04-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Tatiana,

What do you think you would want for your trailer? Pictures of it?

Tatiana
04-18-2015, 12:56 PM
supra_allegro_lane,

unfortunately I don't have a picture, but will ask the seller to make one.
He said the trailer cannot make it from SC to NJ, so it has to be fixed and I don't know the real condition.

Tatiana
Moomba 2003 Outback

gregski
04-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Obviously, there are a lot of unknown factors here but if the issue is the mechanical condition of the trailer (hubs, brakes, etc) it seems like it would be cheaper and possibly easier to repair it rather than trying to find a replacement. You could get the boat and trailer to a shop in SC have it fixed up and then trailer it to NJ.

Wax
05-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Thanks a lot Wax. This sounds good.
Before we go forward.
How much do you think it will cost to bring the trailer to SC/NC border?
I am in NJ it would be to much to go to MI, I pick up the boat at Spartanburg, SC.

Sorry haven't checked the forum in a few. If you go to uship.com you can get a bid, or multiple. It's like ebay for shipping stuff. I can't even make a guess but I did have a 28ft fifth wheel shipped using that site for $1200, similar distance. I would expect boat trailer would be less and could possibly be added to other cargo, whereas the fifth wheel was the only item.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk